Secretary II - Primary Health Care
Halifax - Nova Scotia (NS),
Nova Scotia Health Authority.
$19.75 - $21.95 an hour
- Secretarial diploma and/or course from a recognized college or school of business plus a minimum of one year of related experience
- Demonstrated typing proficiency with a speed of 60 wpm required
- Working knowledge of patient registration and scheduling systems and payroll system
- Experience with PHS and STAR preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
- Experience working in Primary Health Care an asset
- Must be self-directed and adept at problem-solving while working with minimal supervision
- Must have strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to prioritize upon short notice while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
- Long assignment, full-time position; 70 hours biweekly
- Beginning March 19, 2020 until May 10, 2020 (approximately 14 months)
- Dates are approximate and subject to change
- Frequent travel to various sites and locations throughout HRM required Salary Information
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
The Secretary is accountable and responsible for providing administrative/secretarial support with minimal supervision/direction to the Primary Health Care team. They will be responsible for efficient prioritization of multiple responsibilities to meet the requirements of the department(s) utilizing initiative, judgment and knowledge in a highly confidential manner. The Secretary will be a key contact for the Primary Health Care team and will interface with staff, clients, the public and community agencies.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
$19.7542 - $21.9491 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit - NSGEU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.