Operating Room Technician
Halifax - Nova Scotia (NS),
Nova Scotia Health Authority
Estimated salary $25.17 - $26.99 an hour
Location: Central Zone, Centennial Building - QEII
Department: 3002481 PERI VG Operating Room 11th Floor
Type of Employment: Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Nursing Bargaining Unit - NSGEU
Posting Closing Date: 02-Mar-20
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Under the general direction of the O.R. Manager and immediate supervision of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Physician, the Operating Room Technician (ORT) is responsible for the scrub and circulating duties and other duties carried out in the direct and indirect care of the surgical patient.
- Graduate of a recognized Licensed Practical Nursing course
- Completion of ORT course/Perioperative LPN program
- Registration (or eligible for registration) with the NSCN
- Current in CPR
- Recent O.R. experience required
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: general surgery, ENT,GYNE,THORACICs, urology, transplant and OMF
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, microbiology, sterilization procedures, aseptic techniques, and care of equipment
- Basic knowledge of surgical procedures
- Ability to function as a collaborative member of the surgical team
- Demonstrates alertness and adaptability to change
- Knowledge of the organization, functions and
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Permanent, full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly
$25.1657 - $26.9910 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Nursing bargaining unit - NSGEU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/