Sushi / Maki Cook
Halifax - Nova Scotia (NS),
Kanpai Izakaya restaurant is looking for a permanent, full-time Specialty Cook - a specialist in Sushi and Sashimi preparation and Japanese cuisine - for its busy restaurant in Halifax.
The duties of this position are as follows:
- Prepare and cook complete Japanese meals and dishes, particularly Sushi, Maki rolls and other menu items and specialties;
- design and plan menu; assist in scheduling and supervising kitchen help; oversee kitchen operations; maintain inventory and records of food and supplies;
- clean kitchen and work area; determining size of food portions, estimating food requirements; and assist in hiring and training kitchen staff. The applicant should be highly skilled with at least one year’s professional experience as a cook in Japanese cuisine.
The successful candidate will be deeply familiar with Asian food and culture.
Terms of employment:
Minimum educational requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalency
Apply by e-mail or in person: please send/bring cover letter and resume.
Location: 1535 Dresden Row, Unit 132. Halifax, N.S
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes