Halifax - Nova Scotia (NS),
Compass Group Canada
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Morrison Healthcare? Imagine belonging to a team that delights in the power of healing and bringing out the best in others. Working in the healthcare food industry is amazing, because you can have a positive impact every day—on medical professionals, patients and visitors. This is so much more than a job. This is an opportunity to change lives—one day at a time. Join us.
Starting pay rate - $13.55
Location- Victoria General Hospital, 1276 South Park Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Employment Type- Casual/ On-call. Shifts include 7am-3pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 3pm-11pm as well as 11pm-7am.
Successful clearance of Immunization & Criminal Record check is required
Performs light cleaning duties to maintain establishments, including hotels, restaurants retirement homes and hospitals, in a clean and orderly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and disinfect areas and items such as surgical procedure areas, washrooms, operating room tables, stretchers, vents, interior windows, walls, glass, doors and mirrors.
- Strip, wash and make beds; collect and fold linen.
- Damp mop hard floors and auto scrub as needed.
- Check all main areas, lobbies, stairwells, elevators/escalators and mezzanines and clean as required.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and complete carpet extraction as needed.
- Remove all garbage from resident/patient rooms and common areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs).
- Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines.
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately.
- Responding to emergency cleanups as required.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Housekeepers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in healthcare, hotel or commercial cleaning is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job, including requirements to lift up to 20 pounds.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $13.55 per hour
- cleaner: 1 year (Preferred)
- Halifax, NS (Preferred)