Special Event Security Officer
Halifax - Nova Scotia (NS),
Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS)
Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company: for more than 90 years, we've protected people and property across Canada. Commissionaires is a federation of private, not-for-profit Canadian companies with the highest retention rate in the industry, currently employing more than 21,000 people nationally. Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) is an independent, not-for-profit member of the federation that is dedicated to providing meaningful employment opportunities to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia who wants to contribute to the safety and security of Canadians. With 1,500 employees across the province, we serve government and private sector in a wide range of roles and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia.
CNS provides its employees with:
- Life, AD&D, Health and Dental benefits
- Highest Quality Formal and position specific training
- CNS branded Uniforms
- Educational Assistance and Scholarship Programs
- Employee Referral Incentives
- Industry competitive wage rates
- Advancement Opportunities
# of Vacancies: 30
Competition Number: CNS 800-02-21
Reports To: Site Supervisor
Responsible For: Event Security
The Special Event Security Officer reports to the Site Supervisor and will be responsible for Site Security, Access Control, Large Crowd management and other duties assigned by the client.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Access Control to a large public venue
- Site Security
- High standard of Customer Service
- Bag and parcel checks on entry to the venue
- Safeguarding patrons in the event of an emergency
- Liaise with onsite HRP officers as required
- Communications both via radio and written reports
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
The incumbent must possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Professional in Appearance and Deportment
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be physically fit, able to perform foot patrols, and periods of prolonged standing
- Must be comfortable working around large crowds
- Situational awareness with sound observations skills
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License, or ability to secure reliable transportation to/from the work site.
Although not required, the following attributes are considered assets:
- Use of Force Certified
- Veterans of the Canadian Forces or RCMP
Please apply to this competition by clicking 'Apply Now' or via fax: (902) 434 0504
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NUMBER: CNS 800-02-21
Current CNS employees are requested to include your employee ID number and the competition number in your submission document to ensure your application receives proper consideration.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants who identify as Women, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Indigenous Persons to submit an application for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: CNS 800-02-21
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 /hour