Class 3 Delivery Driver
Dartmouth - Nova Scotia (NS),
SCOTIA METAL PRODUCTS
Scotia Metal Products is a locally owned manufacturer of metal roofing and siding panels for residential, commercial, agricultural, and industrial buildings. Based in the Burnside Industrial Park, Scotia Metal Products sells to building supply dealers, contractors, and end users all across Atlantic Canada. Due to continued growth, there is currently an opportunity for a Delivery Driver / Warehouse Worker with Class 3 License driving flatbed truck with knuckle boom. The position would be backup for our main drivers and for overflow orders on our smaller Class 5 truck with opportunity for growth into a main Class 3 Driver.
Looking to fill a full-time position, Monday to Friday.
Summary of Position
Delivery Drivers are responsible for transporting Scotia Metal Products orders to our customers. The driver will operate flatbed straight trucks equipped with knuckle booms to off-load material on job sites all over the Maritimes. This position also involves warehousing, production work and operating forklifts as required.
Roles & Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
· Maintaining a professional logbook (hours of service and pre/post trip inspections)
· Ensuring the load on the truck is safely and securely strapped
· Safe operation of a flatbed delivery truck, knuckle boom and forklift
· Accurately picking orders and checking orders.
· Continually ensuring vehicle is clean, organized, and free of hazardous conditions
· Effectively communicating with management, sales staff, and other warehouse/ production staff regarding orders, scheduling, safety and issues
· Working in warehouse & production as required: operating fabrication machinery, housekeeping, shipping, loading, receiving, picking, operating forklift and checking orders
Mandatory Qualifications & Abilities
· Having safety for yourself and others as a priority
· Can remain calm in busy and high-pressure situations and have a positive can-do attitude.
· Motivated to learn new processes and have good communicating skills, in a fast-paced team environment
· A valid Class 3 (with air endorsement) driver’s license or Class 5 and clean driver’s abstract, with a minimum of 1 year delivery driving experience.
· Physically capable and able to lift up to 50 lbs, be on your feet all day or drive for long periods
· Ability to read, write and work with documents and instructions while ensuring quality and accuracy
· Successful history of working with and without constant supervision, independently and with a team
· High attention to detail, accuracy and commitment to superior customer service
· High school diploma or equivalent
· CSA approved Safety toed work boots
· Dedicated, punctual, and reliable
· Able and content to assist with warehouse and production duties when not driving.
· Able to focus on the task at hand and be actively engaged in a continuously improving environment
What we offer
· Hourly wage to be determined (commensurate with training and experience)
· Health benefits after probationary period and other perks available
· RRSP/DPSP plan after 6 months
· A positive and enthusiastic, fast paced team environment with safety and continuous improvement as a focus
*** INTERESTED: Please attach a cover letter expressing interest and why you are a fit and resume with your personal email address and phone number with stated hourly wage expectation.***
Only applicants selected for further review will be contacted. No phone calls please. If required, cover letters and resumes can be dropped off at the office on 188 Joseph Zatzman Drive, Unit C, Dartmouth, NS.
Applicants may receive an email with screening questions. Response to this email is necessary to proceed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- warehousing: 1 year (Preferred)
- delivery driver: 1 year (Preferred)
- forklift operating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dartmouth, NS (Preferred)
- Class 3 Driver's License (Preferred)