Dartmouth - Nova Scotia (NS),
Estimated salary $50,000 a year
There's never been a better time to join Loomis Express. As Canada’s national specialist, Loomis Express delivers more packages to more places than any other carrier. Now we're rapidly expanding, and we're looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join our team. Interested? We can promise you it will be a great ride!
We are seeking dynamic individuals to join our team as casual warehouse workers/drivers in a busy environment in Dartmouth, NS. Successful incumbents will enjoy an excellent compensation package!
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri: 1400hrs – 1900hrs (2pm – 7pm)
To participate in the safe, accurate and timely processing - unload, sort, cross dock and/or load, of in-bound freight, to meet LOOMIS EXPRESS on-time performance standards.
- Unload and/or load trailers safely, correctly and quickly.
- Accurately sort & process, by deadlines, in-bound and outbound material.
- Assist Tracing Department with thorough warehouse checks for mis-sorts, on-hands, etc.
- Participate in the organization and clean-up of the warehouse area.
- Participate in maintaining a safe and co-operative work environment.
- Participate in cubing compliance procedures.
- Other warehouse duties as assigned:
- Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Handle shipments in a manner that minimizes damage.
- 100% accuracy in sort to minimize mis-sorts.
- Paperwork is 100% complete, accurate and on time.
- Shipment processing complies 100% with Transport of Dangerous Goods requirements.
- Follow policy and procedures as outlined by operations supervisor and
- Must have a valid full provincial driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
- Ability to lift and carry parcels, up to and including 70 lbs per piece, throughout shift.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and on-time within tight time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated PC skills for processing waybills on automated shipping system.
- Must take the Transport of Dangerous Goods and WHMIS training courses.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal record background screening
- Broad general working knowledge of warehouse functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the LOOMIS EXPRESS operations system.
- High School diploma.
Candidates that meet the above criteria should send their resume to the attention of Beverley Little, Area Service Centre Manager
Loomis Express is an equal opportunity employer and believes we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff that represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Provincial Driver's License (Required)