Health Services Lead - Primary Health Care
Bridgewater - Nova Scotia (NS),
Nova Scotia Health Authority
$35.66 - $47.38 an hour
Req ID: 50993
Location: Western Zone, Lunenburg Queens Community Health Network
Department: 60039438 PHC WZ LQ LA
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Management/Non Union Bargaining Unit - Management/ Non-Union
Posting Closing Date: 21-Feb-20
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Health Services Lead, Primary Health Care is a member of the Primary Health Care leadership team and is responsible for advancing priorities of the portfolio via supporting the ongoing development and implementation of assigned Primary Health Care, Wellness, Chronic Disease Management, Department of Family Practice programs services and initiatives. S/he is responsible for day to day operations of multiple teams spanning wellness, chronic disease and family practice collaborative teams. The Health Services Lead works together with other members of the Primary Health Care leadership team to implement multiple Primary Health Care projects and initiatives to support advancement of patient centered, community based primary health care programs and services within their Zone of the Nova Scotia Health Authority.
The Health Services Lead works closely with all interprofessional teams to manage performance standards and operational requirements by facilitating the development and implementation of consistent Primary Health Care and organizational priorities, while respecting uniqueness and individuality of practices and communities.
The Health Services Lead is knowledgeable of provincial and zone governance structures, community-based agencies and organizations, and the community based collaborative team approach to care. S/he is responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with health care staff, other Zone based NSHA departments and teams, external individuals, and partner agencies. Assignments may change as the Primary Health Care system evolves.
- Baccalaureate degree from a health discipline or related field
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) recent and related progressive leadership experience in a health care setting. Experience in Primary Health Care will be considered an asset.
- Current registration with professional association (if applicable)
- Demonstrated knowledge of primary health care, health promotion, health determinants, and dynamics of health needs in community
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral, written and presentation) skills including the ability to work collaboratively with various professional and community individuals, demonstrating a high level of judgement, tact, creativity, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, project management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in community settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work with physicians and stakeholders across multiple governance structures to establish and sustain strong collaborative family practice teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective collaborative relationships and partnerships with stakeholders and clients
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in change management initiatives
- Demonstrated self-motivation, self-direction, leadership, team development, organizational and facilitation skills.
- Strong human resource management and financial management skills
- Physical and mental capabilities to perform the duties of the position such as working irregular hours and under pressure to meet strict deadlines; ability to keep projects operating concurrently
- Proficiency with computer applications
- Demonstrated regular attendance in current and previous employment.
- Experience in a unionized environment will be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Travel will be required
Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
- Permanent, full-time position, 75 hours bi-weekly
- Beginning April 1, 2020
- These are anticipated dates and are subject to change
$35.6553 - $47.3750 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit - Management/ Non-Union position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/