Amherst - Nova Scotia (NS),
Emmerson Packaging is a third-generation family-owned company. We are an industry leader in flexible packaging solutions, and we love what we do! We pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding the highest quality standards in everything we do, including adding talented people to our team! This passion and pride have won us the distinction of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed companies for 11 years running.
Our Values say it best:
- We enhance our lives by helping others succeed
- We care about our clients, each other, and our communities
- We are responsible for the outcome of our actions
- We strive to do the right thing, even if it costs us
- Develop and maintain the DMI (Direct Machine Interface) and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Writes queries, reports, scorecards; provides analysis as needed
- Prepare reports concerning downtime, equipment repairs, and delays for management
- Attend meetings to discuss about production issues and system updates.
- Develop procedures to optimize data collection workflow.
- Recommend improvements to maintain production consistency and quality.
- Conduct maintenance and upgrades.
- Participates in assigned major projects as a project team member
- Maintains detailed project and process plans for assigned projects, including expected outcomes, timelines, milestones, and success measures
- Provides management with routine updates on status of projects
- Identifies project and operational risks; provides feedback on mitigation strategy
- Identifies and makes recommendations on potential improvement of current systems and applications
- Maintains an ongoing payback scorecard (financial gains) of completed projects
- Must be an expert in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project software programs.
- Must have superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills; able to multi-task effectively
- Must have proven ability to develop and document technical procedures
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
- Two (2) years’ experience working in a similar role
- University degree or college diploma in a related field
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience with Data Visualization/Business Intelligence systems PowerBI Tableau
- Strong Microsoft SQL Knowledge
Project Management Fundamentals
- Understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Basic troubleshooting of PLC circuit and Tag system faults.
What's in it for YOU?
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Profit Sharing program
- Training and development support
- On site gym and cafeteria
- Being part of an awesome team
If this sounds like you, please visit the careers section on our website and apply today at https://www.emmersonpackaging.com/careers/
Powered by JazzHR