Process Plant Operator (Fixed Term)
Yellowknife - Northwest Territories (NT),
Estimated salary $20 an hour
Process Plant Operator (Fixed Term)
- Be part of a global mining organization with a strong focus on safety
- Work with an exceptional team of operations and maintenance people
- Located at the Diavik Mine site
- Full time fixed term opportunity
About the role
We are currently accepting applications for Process Plant Operators (fixed term) to be responsible for the operation and monitoring of the equipment within their designated area, by ensuring that safety is maintained and that production objectives are met.
Located at the Lac de Gras Mine site, you will be working on a 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation in the interim (alternating night shift and day shift) rotational schedule on a 12 hours per shift day.with the potential that this changes to a 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off rotation in the future, once the COVID-19 pandemic normalizes.
Working collaboratively with all operational and functional departments, you will be responsible for:
- Completing assigned plant operation duties in designated areas within the Ore Processing, Recovery, Backfill plant and Batch plant;
- Operating various small loaders and miscellaneous equipment including but not limited to IT28, IT30, IT32, WA250, Bobcat, skid steer, forklift and light vehicle;
- Completing operational check rounds in designated sections of the plant and report findings to supervisor;
- Performing process plant clean-up and maintaining the cleanliness of the plant and equipment to a high standard;
- Adhering to Standard Operating Procedures for Plant Operation;
- Performing routine daily inspections of equipment and conduct daily start-up, shut-down checks of the mobile equipment and primary sizer;
- Ensuring basic operational maintenance tasks and repairs are completed within allotted time frames
- Completing log book entries, daily reports on delays, production, and safety issues before the end of each shift;
- Clearly communicating all production and safety related issue to team members and cross shift.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Strong safety mindset;
- Minimum 1 year operator experience in a Process Plant or Backfill Plant setting;
- Completion of Mining Training Society Mineral Processing
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment including the loader, bobcat, scissor lift and fork lift;
- Solid proficiency in reading and understanding manuals and written instructions;
- Ability to learn and understand technical procedures and information quickly;
- Ability to work in high stress situations and resolve issues;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of computer programs including common office software.
Where you will be working
Located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, the Diavik Diamond Mine is a producer of gem-quality diamonds. At Diavik, a strong focus is placed on protecting the local environment, as well as supporting communities through employment and education.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
We are seeking to increase the diversity across our operations in order to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees and encourage female applicants to apply.
Closing Date: September 17, 2020