Business Customer Service Rep
Yellowknife - Northwest Territories (NT),
Estimated salary $97,000 - $116,000 a year
Internal and External Customer Relationships
- Answer, resolve and process internal and external business customer service inquiries consistent with customer service standards and Company policy that enhances the reputation of the Company and fosters customer loyalty.
- Establish and maintain strategic working relationships with recurring/returning customers to better understand and serve their specific business needs.
- Process customer requests for products, services, equipment, sales of single and multi-line systems, system extensions, information, ordering, order status, installation costs, fees, account status and any other services requested by the customer in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide first level of support for product, service and technical problems forwarding technical issues onto second-level support as required.
- Establish new customer accounts and maintain existing accounts as required.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness and knowledge of NorthwesTel products/services available to business customers.
- Identify opportunities for improving customer service processes and improving the customer experience to enhance customer loyalty and Company profitability.
- In conversation with the customer, analyse to qualify and quantify the customer’s business requirements to ensure recommended customized solutions meet expectations
- Sell cross-sell and up-sell products and services through proactively indentifying and recommending products/services that meet customer needs and ensure the retained loyalty of the customer.
- Refer larger sales accounts as required to the Sales Department for processing providing administrative and logistical support as required.
- Provide technical information and support to Sales staff on product and services as required.
Service Order Entry and Coordination
- Process and coordinate, in conjunction with the Control Centre, product/service installation upon confirmation receipt of the customer order.
- Maintain customer accounts, maintenance records on equipment and warranty verification and renewal in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Follow-up on customer orders to ensure delivery of products/services adhere to contract specifications and customer expectations.
- Conduct customer account reviews and credit checks as required to reduce the Company’s vulnerability to bad debt by assessing security deposit requirements on accounts as needed.
- Ensure the awarding of credit to customers follows Company policy and procedures referring any concerns and issues to
- Maintain Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards ensuring the safeguarding of the customer’s personal information.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of the status of customer accounts to ensure customer information is secure.
- High School diploma with a minimum of two (2) years experience providing customer service in a call centre environment processing complex requests for products and services that included proactively identifying opportunities for selling the customer additional products and services.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening.
- Proven ability to be detail oriented in recording, processing and following up on customer accounts.
- Ability to convert technical terms into everyday language the customer can understand.
- Intermediate level competency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Numerical proficiency and a basic understanding of fundamental accounting principles related to billing and invoicing processes and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and analytical skills with a proven ability to maintain a professional attitude when under pressure dealing with interruptions and restricted time lines for service.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry would be an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.