Yellowknife - Northwest Territories (NT),
Estimated salary $300 a day
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
As one of Canada’s leading apparel retailers, Mark’s stands out for its commitment to comfort, quality and style. Mark’s is a leader in product development, innovation and quality through its assortment of industrial apparel, footwear and accessories, with strong private and exclusive brands. As a valued part of the Canadian Tire family of companies, our employees across Mark’s are leading our brand’s evolution to be Canada’s number one destination for men’s industrial and casual apparel and footwear.
As the “second in charge,” the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of the store when the Store General Manager is absent along with performing additional duties in their respective department. The incumbent is an ambassador and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of our culture and brand.
What you’ll do
- Continually motivate team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Provide mentorship to teams and influence continuous growth, exemplifying Mark’s leadership brand
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information
- Develop and lead recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintain a complete team
- Demonstrate and follow up on execution of Mark’s visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards
- Responsibility to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of LP and audit standards and rigid inventory control
- Create and / or monitor the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions
- An ambassador and leader of the customer experience you look to develop relationships with customers and provide mentorship and coaching to your team to ensure the same
- Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Create development plans and conduct annual appraisals for management team; to improve any
Evening and weekend availability is a requirement of this role
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Business Savvy – you have a customer focused mindset and can plan, execute, and drive sales
- Leaders – you lead by example and have a passion for coaching, developing, and inspiring your team
- Culture and brand ambassadors – you love the work and take pride in our brand
If you’re a proven retail manager with a passion for people, our industry, and driving an exceptional customer experience, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- Superior training and mentoring skills developed through previous leadership or supervisory roles
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a retail environment with 12- 24 months in a leadership role
- Demonstrated computer skills an asset
- Post-secondary education in Retail Management or Business Administration an asset
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Top Employers.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Mark's is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Job Type: Full-time