Client Service Manager- 1 Year Term
Yellowknife - Northwest Territories (NT),
Government of the Northwest Territories
Estimated salary $111,000 - $133,000 a year
The Department of Finance has the mandate to provide leadership and direction to the public service in all areas of finance and human resource management. This mandate includes negotiating major financial arrangements with the federal government, providing analysis and advice to the Financial Management Board, and ensuring that financial and information resources are managed effectively, efficiently and economically. This mandate also includes the recruitment and retention of a competent public service that is representative of the people it serves and the development of programs and services that effectively serve the human resource needs of the public service.
The Client Service Manager position provides senior advice, strategic analysis, planning and support services to Deputy Ministers and Chief Executive Officers as well as departmental and agency senior managers in the areas of strategic human resource management, recruitment, labour relations, human resource planning, performance management, employee recognition, and employee development. The position also oversees the effective delivery of human resource transactional services to support the recruitment and retention of a qualified and capable public service in the Yellowknife service area as outlined in established GNWT Acts, regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures, service agreements and applicable Collective Agreements.
In order to facilitate effective planning and analysis, the incumbent must be familiar with the human resource needs of their assigned departments or agencies, both today and into the future. The incumbent must work with all departmental managers to understand their business needs and the associated human resource requirements. The Client Service Manager provides strategic advice to the Deputy Minister and Chief Executive Officer on many critical human resource issues and initiatives. As well, the position assists in developing positions and approaches that reflect a very high level of political, financial and social sensitivity and responsiveness. The position develops briefing material,
This position is Headquarters based and as a result is the direct link to Deputy Ministers and Chief Executive Officers. Regional issues will often flow through the Headquarters Client Service Manager to create one point of contact for human resource needs
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven client service orientation.
- Proven ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with senior managers, technical staff, and other employees.
- Proven and seasoned human relation skills consistent with the need to supervise employees and to provide effective human management of those employees.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Proven knowledge of Acts, Regulations, and procedures applicable to human resource management.
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of human resource services within a unionized, public service context.
- Proven negotiation skills to resolve conflicts in a manner which best serves both the GNWT and the employee.
- Proven understanding of the GNWT's organization, environment, culture, and business strategies with the ability to understand, recognize and/or anticipate concerns or problems that will ultimately affect the GNWT's ability to attract, retain and motivate employees.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
A relevant Bachelor degree coupled with 6 years of advancing responsibilities in a relevant field, including at least 3 years as a human resource generalist and 1 year of recent supervisory experience.
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.