Bilingual (English/French) Pre-Board Screening Officer
Yellowknife - Northwest Territories (NT),
Estimated salary $20.64 - $21.94 an hour
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld!
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), offering screening services in 28 airports across Canada.
Pre-Board Screening Officers are specialized professionals tasked with protecting air travelers by screening them and their belongings, while exhibiting the highest degree of vigilance and providing excellent customer service in a challenging environment.
Our officers undergo rigorous specialized training up to 180 hours, both in class and on-the-job in order to acquire CATSA Screening Officer certification so it is not essential that you have previous security experience, training or licenses.
We are looking for dedicated candidates seeking a career that requires great communication skills and customer service experience who are comfortable working in the airport's high-tech, fast paced environment.
We are currently recruiting Bilingual Pre-Boarding Screening Officers with fluency in French & English for future career opportunities at the Yellowknife Airport. On completion of training the role is initially on a Part-Time basis with the potential for Full-Time hours.
- You are responsible for screening passengers, non-passengers and their baggage using screening equipment
- You are an ambassador for customer service and interact with passengers and stakeholders alike in a professional and ethical manner
- You follow aviation regulations and standard operating procedures at all times while demonstrating critical thinking
- You ensure that the screening of passengers is completed efficiently and pleasantly
- You assist in maintaining the flow of passengers to influence efficiency
- You report all incidents using established communication channels
- You are committed to ongoing training and long-term development
- Hourly salary: $20.64-$21.94hr and LEAP allocation of $807.74/month for a Full-Time Employee and $484.63/month for a Part-Time Employee ( paid in accordance to the terms of the Collective Barganing Agreement)
- Excellent benefits
- Full time paid training at $18.15/hr
- Uniform is
- Excellent communications skills with fluency in French & English, (both written and oral)
- One (1) year of customer service experience
- Security experience or licence NOT required
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident
- No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
- Over 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Available to work and commute any scheduled day or night shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing for long periods of time and lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and other heavy items (up to 22kg)
- Fluent in French & English
- Strong communication, excellent customer service and people skills
- Strong team work abilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, remain calm and multi-task under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Fluency in English, spoken and written. Fluency in French is an asset.
- Alert and detail-oriented
- Our officers must be able to obtain a Transportation Canada Security Clearance (RAIC) and a valid medical from CATSA, in addition to successfully completing the extensive training program.
- The hiring process can take between 3 to 6 months to complete due to the wait time associated with the application for a Transportation Canada Security Clearance (RAIC). For candidates who hold a valid Transportation Security Clearance or previously held a valid Transportation Security Clearance in the last 24 months, this process may be accelerated.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will only communicate with selected candidates. This will occur via email so ensure to check your email for correspondence from us, including emails redirected to your junk / spam mailbox.
You can apply only once within a 6 month period. Using more than one profile to apply multiple times within this timeframe will result in automatic disqualification.