General Labour - Entry Level Technician
Yellowknife - Northwest Territories (NT),
Estimated salary $21.60 an hour
Trades & Labour
Do you have a can-do attitude and like to keep busy? Do you want to do something different? Are you motivated by a rapidly changing environment and ambitious goals? Then we have a position for you!
General Labour - Entry Level Technician (Sample Preparation)
About the Company:
Did you know that mining is one of Canada's most important economic sectors? Canada is one of the largest mining nations in the world and mining is a multi-billion-dollar industry.
ALS operates a network of laboratories that analyze samples for the mining industry. We are a global company with competitive wages, a robust benefits program, and excellent career growth.
If you’re passionate about working in a team environment, then we want to hear from you. Previous laboratory experience or post-secondary education is not required. Full training will be provided!
Location: ALS Geochemistry, Yellowknife.
ALS also offers:
- $75 bi-weekly attendance premium;
- Structured wage increases;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Part time/flexible
- Shift premiums;
- Annual bonus eligibility;
We have immediate openings for various positions. You could be involved in:
- Working with light industrial equipment to crush rock and mining samples and prepare them for analysis;
- Learning and using industry leading procedures and processes in analytical testing;
- Engaging in our safety culture to meet and exceed safety standards;
- Challenging yourself to meet quick turnaround commitments.
- Able to work in a dusty and noisy environment with limited temperature control;
- Be clean shaven for Personal Protective Equipment (respirator);
- Able to lift up to 50lbs at various times throughout the shift;
- Basic English communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced or production environment;
- Comfortable working on your feet most of the day.
For further details:
- We have immediate openings available. Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
- For the employee referral bonus program this position is eligible for a Level B bonus award.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
ALS welcomes and encourages applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.