Heavy Equipment Technician
Northwest Territories - Northwest Territories (NT),
De Beers Group of Companies
Estimated salary $125,229 - $178,893 a year
-Be part of the team.
The team that makes it happen.
You communicate openly and enjoy being part of a fantastic team with an unwavering commitment to safety. Come and join us working at Gahcho Kué one of the world’s greatest mines.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
-The De Beers Group has an opportunity within the Mobile Maintenance Department at the Gahcho Kué Mine Site, based in the Northwest Territories for a highly motivated Heavy Equipment Technician. Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor the incumbent will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and major repairs to mobile, auxiliary and stationary mining equipment, while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect the values of De Beers. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
- Working with a team to conduct job risk assessments and safe work plans ahead of the work being completed and performing work in a safe well-managed manner;
- Conducting preventative maintenance and servicing of mobile equipment;
- Checking for proper performance and inspecting equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and determining extent of mechanical problems;
- Rebuilding components and working with manufacturers when necessary;
- Documenting and returning completed work orders in a timely manner;
- Communicating with Supervisors and co-workers to coordinate work and provide updates; and
- Providing input and working collaboratively with Planners and Schedulers to develop work packages.
The work rotation is 21 day in and 21 days out.
-A valid Inter-provincial trade qualification in heavy equipment;
- Mining field experience repairing and maintaining heavy earthmoving equipment (3 – 5 years);
- Ability to communicate, share information and seek input to complete assigned work;
- Ability to approach work with a continuous product improvement mindset;
- Solid hydraulic and electrical skills, paired with the ability to read and understand schematics;
- Proven commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental
-Who We Are: De Beers Canada
We are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities, protect the natural environment, and stand with women and girls, focused on Building Forever.
With headquarters in London and mines in four countries – Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa – we are truly global. Established in 1888, our expertise ranges from exploration and diamond recovery, to rough diamond sales and diamond jewellery retail. In Canada we operate the Gahcho Kué Mine in the Northwest Territories, are working to advance the Chidliak Project on Baffin Island and have an active exploration program looking for Canada’s next great diamond mine.
We market our polished diamonds through two brands, Forevermark and De Beers Jewellers, while our Element Six operation is the world leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond materials for industrial and electronic applications.
If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect .
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us.
This opportunity is open to a paid referral incentive according to the [insert policy name]. Referral incentives are applicable to De Beers Group internal employees only.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.