Manager Maint. Planning & Shut Management
Wabush - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
TACORA RESOURCES INC.
Estimated salary $12.15 an hour
- Lead the implementation of work management and shutdown management workstreams across Tacora Operations.
- Develop and implement maintenance programs for Mining and plant equipment and machinery to assure maximum operating efficiency while maintaining compliance with company safety standards.
- Establish and improve preventative and predictive maintenance plans across the site.
- Manage the Overall shutdown management across Tacora Operations sites.
- Plan and manage outages for all critical equipment on Tacora Value stream.
- Keep necessary maintenance records to update and enhance the preventive maintenance program. Monitor preventive maintenance programs and recommend improvements. Continually evaluate cost effectiveness.
- Contribute to overall operational efficiency by overseeing maintenance needs assessments and facilitating communications between mining operations and company management with regards to meeting identified needs.
- Develop a site maintenance safety program for the maintenance team. Attention to safety will be a first priority in developing policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the company profitability by developing, implementing, and monitoring an efficient maintenance management program, completing projects in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, and Operations on budgets and special projects; responsible to ensure necessary technical support is on site when necessary.
- Review, approve and
participate in the development of new and updated schedules, cost forecasts and budgets for the maintenance department.
Responsible for analyzing departmental budget cost variance reporting, and design and implement specific cost control measures to manage budget compliance. Ensure annual maintenance costs are at or below forecast costs while improving equipment availability.
Develop and maintain a proactive business relationship with all vendors.
Provide effective development and mentoring for shutdown management and maintenance planning staff.
Evaluate maintenance planning staff and develop training programs.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Education:
- Post Secondary Education in related field
- Experience managing maintenance/planning/shutdown activities
- Must have 7 or more years of heavy industry related experience
- Should have mechanical/electrical aptitude and knowledge of equipment maintenance practices.
- Must understand the implementation and use of computerized maintenance management systems. (Ellipse/SAP/Maximo)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment
- Must possess the ability to function efficiently under pressure
- Should be able to demonstrate ownership
- Must insist on the highest standards possible
- Must demonstrate empathy and concern for fellow team members
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License (Required)