Stephenville - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
Are you looking to help people find solutions to their financial needs? Do you want to work for an organization with strong values, a competitive compensation/benefits package, variable compensation programs and opportunities to pursue a career in management in a modern work environment? Fairstone is hiring a Lending Specialist in our Stephenville, branch. Whether you are looking to start a new career in lending, or you are an experienced specialist looking for growth opportunities, we would like to meet with you!
Working at Fairstone during COVID-19
With access to financial services for Canadians being essential during these unprecedented times, we are committed to the health and safety of our employees, our customers and our community.
We have adopted the highest standards to guarantee the continuity of our operations during this period, while ensuring the continued well-being of our employees:
- Best practices and protocols to guarantee a safe interview
- Interactive online onboarding and training experience
- Continue serving our customers through our digital and phone channels
- Mandatory social distancing, maximum person limit and hygiene protocols in all our branches
- Flexible work from home options may be available once fully trained
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Branch Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing a best-in-class customer service to current and prospective customers, on the phone or in person, by:
- Creating a welcoming environment, helping customers feel understood and relieved to have found a financial solution
- Responding promptly to all customer applications/inquiries
- Building trust and maintaining ongoing relationships
- Meeting and exceeding individual and team targets by:
- Handling all incoming customer inquiries and applications coming through our different marketing channels
- Soliciting for new and renewal business through customer contact to generate sales leads, in-person and over the phone
- Effectively gathering information during the loan application process to offer a personalized lending solution to each customer
- Managing overdue accounts by understanding the customer’s situation, being solution-driven and treating each customer with respect and empathy
- Supporting our Mission to deliver the best borrowing experience to earn our customer’s trust and loyalty by living our values each day
- Acting with integrity and holding yourself to the highest ethical standards
- Treat everyone with respect and be empathetic
- Contribute to and celebrate our shared success
- Own your role and behave responsibly.
- Post-Secondary or High-school diploma
- 1-2 years of sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to work effectively with people
- Must be able to work flexible hours (Evenings & Saturdays)
- Authorized to work in Canada
What else is important for you to know
- We will consider flexible schedules between 20 to 40 hours per week
- We value your education and experience. The level of the position and offered salary will be based upon them.
What’s in it for you?
Looking for a rewarding career? You’ve come to the right place. At Fairstone, we offer all our permanent employees:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Incentive programs to recognize when sales targets are met (applies to branch network employees only)
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation (prorated to your start date)
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits
- Employer Sponsored Pension Plan
- Personal days and sick days
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Paid volunteer day and organized volunteering events across the country
- Ongoing Learning and Development Training
- Referral Incentives up to $5000.00
and Much More……
If you’re seeking a role with a growing business that values employee development, Fairstone is the right place for you!
Come join our team!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.
Whether you’re seeking first-time employment or are making a career change, Fairstone has the internal support to help our team members grow and succeed.