Brewery Maintenance Technician (Lead)
St. John's - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
Quidi Vidi Brewery
Who we are
If we had to sum up Quidi Vidi Brewery in 3 words it would be PEOPLE, FUN and BEER! We’re all about working with other breweries, throwing events for our community and helping lead and develop the booming craft beer scene in Newfoundland. We’re located minutes from downtown St. John’s in the historic fishing village of Quidi Vidi. Our tap room literally looks over the Atlantic Ocean where we catch fresh cod in the summer. It may just be the nicest location of any brewery in the world! Oh, and we make great beer as well. Ever been on a Dayboil? You’re about to.
Who we are looking for
Brewery Maintenance Technicians are creative and independent people. We want someone who can go in solo and also be part of the team. We looking for (Lead) someone who is comfortable researching, networking and continuously looking to improve both all brewery processes and well as our finished product quality. The ideal candidate will be looking to take ownership of the entire mechanical/technical corner of the business, always with an eye looking forward as our brewery continues it’s extraordinary growth curve into the future.
Maintenance Technician (Lead) - Job Description
The Maintenance Technician’s position is a leadership role that, reporting to the Operations Manager, oversees all things concerning maintenance of our brewery equipment. This includes making immediate repairs, building and implementing a Preventative Maintenance program, and educating all brewery personnel on the proper ways to keep our equipment running longer and better. The Maintenance Technician Lead will ensure that production, process and quality goals are achieved as we work towards our business goals. Ensuring a safe workplace, meeting production requirements, promoting quality improvement targets, operating sustainably, and having a mindset of achieving excellence will be of paramount importance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Quickly diagnose source of failures and making emergency repairs to all brewery mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic systems as needed to return them to service and minimize production downtime
- Work with the Operations Manager to build, implement and then review annually and update as necessary a preventative maintenance program.
- Assist Packaging Lead Hand through setting up packaging equipment and making running adjustments to maintain maximum efficiency
- Working with the Operations Manager help develop and maintain operator troubleshooting guides and standard operating procedures.
- Operate all packaging equipment as required to ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining all Quidi Vidi quality standards
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Packaging Lead Hand to ensure daily and weekly packaging schedules are met.
- Maintain all brewery secondary facility equipment, such as the boiler, glycol system, air compressor, and cold storage chillers.
- Working with Operations Manager and Head Brewer review work, set priorities, and schedule maintenance repairs.
- Maintain, in an organized and catalogued manner, spare parts inventories for all brewery equipment and ensure this inventory is replenished as required.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by returning tools, equipment, and supplies to the appropriate storage areas after each assignment
- Support as required projects undertaken by third-party contractors (with oversight from the Operations Manager).
- Take a lead role in the commissioning of new equipment
- Assist in other areas of the brewery on an as-needed basis.
- Adhere to brewery safety requirements.
- Assist with process improvement and initiate change.
- Look to incorporate elements of lean manufacturing principles as appropriate.
- With the support of the Operations Manager and Head Brewer handle a large work load with multiple preventive and repair tasks/projects and frequently changing priorities.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BS in Engineering or other Technical discipline required
- 5+ years manufacturing or maintenance Leadership experience
- Hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance experience
- PLC/Drive systems/transmissions experience
- Basic Controller/Processor, Industrial Electrical Wiring, Mechanical/Electrical Devices and Circuits experience Basic Drive Maintenance, Installations, troubleshooting experience
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Company events & social hours
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Brewery: 5 years (Preferred)
- St. John's, NL (Preferred)