St. John's - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
Estimated salary $44,720 - $48,835 a year
Key Assets Newfoundland and Labrador (KANL) is a non-profit organization providing residential care and support services to young people and families with complex needs. Working in partnership with statutory bodies KANL strives to develop and offer a range of creative services for children, youth and families to meet their specific needs and deliver positive outcomes. As an organization, KANL endeavors to respond to the needs of the community in a manner that is innovative, sustainable, proactive, and focused on growth and development. Our Shared Services Finance team is currently hiring in the St. John’s area for the position of:
(1 Year Maternity Leave Replacement Position)
We are looking for an experienced accounting professional to join our team. The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for supporting the finance function by providing full-cycle bookkeeping and accounting activities in accordance with Canadian GAAP. As well as representing Key Assets Vision and Values, while promoting a controlled financial environment and undertaking associated administrative functions. This role will be part of the Shared Services team and will work very closely with Payroll, Finance and the Provincial Directors to support operations in Canada.
The main areas of responsibilities are varied and include:
· Process all vendor payments in Sage 50 Simply Accounting and issue payments in a timely manner
· Maintain vendor/payment information and communicate with vendors as required to resolve any discrepancies.
· Process Carer Payroll within Simply Accounting and RBC Express.
· Process all government remittances
· Process Staff and Carer Expense Claims with Simply Accounting and RBC Express.
· Input all customer invoices in Simply Accounting
· Monitor bank account for direct deposits
· Ensure that all deposits are entered in Simply Accounting and allocated to the correct invoices.
· Monitor aged receivables report
· Follow up with vendors as required to ensure that payments are accurate and received in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all key general ledger accounts (Bank, Petty Cash etc.) are fully reconciled on a monthly basis
· Perform quantitative analysis as required (variance analysis etc.)
· Provide support in the
Education & Experience: To be considered for this role, applicants are required to have an Accounting/Bookkeeping Diploma and/or Degree. At least two years of experience in a bookkeeping/accounting role and experience working with financial systems (Sage 50 Simply Accounting) is required.
In addition to the above, the successful applicant must be adaptable and able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
A clear Certificate of Conduct will be required for this position.
Key Assets Newfoundland and Labrador offers:
· Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, starting range of $44,720 to $48,835
· Competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution
· Competitive sick time and vacation benefits
· Generous learning development support
***Please note although this position will primarily be a home-based role, the successful candidate will be required to attend meetings periodically at our St. John’s head office.
The closing date for applications is March 12, 2021.
At Key Assets Newfoundland and Labrador, we value diversity and inclusion and act with cultural sensitivity and respect. We are strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations that we serve, and will continuously strive to build and sustain an equitable work environment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We are committed to embracing difference, challenging the status quo, and creating an environment of trust, accountability and growth.
We will always challenge the norm, ask questions and keep our promises.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2021-03-12
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $44,720.00-$48,835.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bookkeeping and Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sage 50 Simply Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place