Telecommunications Installation & Repair Field Technician
St. John's - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
Kerr Group of Companies
Estimated salary $17 an hour
Frontier Technologies is currently seeking applications for Field Technicians to join our team in St. John's, NL.
As a member of our field team you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service and technical expertise through the installation of a suite of telecommunication products in customer locations. Additionally, you may be tasked with troubleshooting faults from the pole to the customer premises which may impair the operations of the services in which we install. You will also naturally be committed to safety and working in a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work practices.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Installation of interior/exterior outlets and lines as well as installation of telecommunications equipment at the customer location while providing exceptional customer service.
- Working at heights with ladders (30+ feet).
- Kneeling, crouching, bending and overhead work to get assigned tasks completed.
- Heavy lifting (60+ pounds).
- Use of specialized tools.
- Maintaining stock reequipments in vehicles for successful completion of all types of jobs.
- Maintaining assignment vehicles and tools in a satisfactory manner.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Graduation from a recognized Electronics Program is considered an asset.
- Relevant industry installation and repair experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to work rotating shifts,
We’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
We thank you for your interest in Kerr Group of Companies. All qualified applicants will be considered, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Frontier Technologies is one of Canada’s largest Telecommunications Support and Workforce Optimization organizations. Since 1997 we have grown to almost 150 employees located in ten offices across the country. We are proud of our reputation for the highest level of service for our valued customers and the best work environment for our exceptional employees. As we continue to grow, our goal is to stay connected to our values and committed to the same standard of excellence that got us where we are today. Kerr Group operating companies are Frontier Technologies and Northern Business Intelligence.