North West River - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
CRB Rebuild and Recreation Ltd.
Estimated salary $45,000 - $50,000 a year
Main Requirement: Must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada and willing to relocate.
We are looking for a reliable entry level Assistant Controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to a Chief Financial Controller.
· Preparing and consolidating financial statements
· Responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
· Establishing and maintaining internal controls
· Managing all aspects of the general ledger
· Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
· Coordinating or assisting with the budget process
· Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
· Analyzing and reporting cost variances
· Serving as a liaison to external auditors
· Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments
· Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
· Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted
· Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
· Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
· Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software.
· Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, Sage 50 (Simply Accounting); and XERO
· Well-organized with ability to prioritize
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
Education and certification:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
Wages: $45-50K Annually
Location of Work: North West River, Labrador
2-10 Sunday Hill Road
North West River, NL
Application deadline: 2021-04-30
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a permanent resident or Canadian Citizen?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Canadian Accounting: 1 year (preferred)