Labrador City - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
Mine Project Manager
- Opportunity to grow and develop within a global and innovative mining organization
- Experience in safely leading a team of engineering disciplines, construction, PMO, Procurement, Operations, Maintenance and external partners
- The role will be base in Labrador City
About the role
As a Project Manager with the Mine, ODS and PD team, you will manage a small portfolio of studies and/or larger capital projects while applying best practices to safely lead a team. Working in a matrix organization, your typical project team consist of engineering disciplines, construction, PMO, Procurements, Operations, Maintenance, Business Evaluation, and external partners.
Throughout the management of your portfolio from initiation to completion, you will continue to develop your Project Management skills, all while safely managing resources, project delivery, changes and risks. You will further hone your already keen communication and stakeholder management skills. Reporting to the Mine, ODS and PD Project Delivery Manager, you will be:
- Leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams to safety and efficiently deliver your projects;
- Contributing to communities of practice to support the evolution of consistent good practices;
- Assisting with applying discipline governance and quality assurance across your projects;
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to drive a culture of partnership and improvement;
- Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with all project parties;
- Actively promoting standardized processes, systems and tools;
- Providing technical support and direction to project stakeholders;
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Minimum of 15 years of proven project management experience;
- 10 years’ experience in mining and mineral processing projects;
- Bachelor of Engineering and Professional Engineer designation;
- Experience in leading performing teams;
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills to gain
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
The role will be base in Labrador City.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.