Health and safety advisor
Labrador City - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
Boréal Grues Inc.
Estimated salary $20 an hour
The Health and Safety advisor reports to the Boreal Cranes Inc. Branch Manager and works closely with the Groupe Desgagnés Senior Health and Safety Advisor. He plays a key role in positioning Health and Safety as a core value within Boreal Cranes so that accident prevention and risk management are an integral part of its culture and are a priority at all times.
The primary objective of the position is to act as a coach and agent of change in the implementation of a culture of employees’ accountability, involvement and engagement towards Health and Safety.
He provides leadership in the recommendation, implementation, coordination and monitoring of H & S policies, of occupational H & S programs, procedures and management systems as well as actions arising from them. He must ensure that operations comply with the laws and regulations in force in Newfoundland and Labrador. He ensures that these systems are consistent with industry best practices, including risk management, while being adapted to the needs and requirements of Boreal Cranes and are in line with Groupe Desgagnés Inc.’s long-term vision and strategy.
He implements health and safety communication, prevention and training programs. He supports and advises managers and supervisors in their responsibility to develop, deploy and monitor the application and compliance
of policies, procedures, guides and management tools in order to eliminate the risk of accidents.
Excellence in occupational Health and safety requires a continuous
The Health and Safety advisor also supports Tessier Ltd, Boreal Cranes’ sister company, as safety expert. Consequently he can occasionally be asked by Tessier Ltd for advices and recommendations, as well as actions in all matters related to H & S policies, programs, procedures, systems. He must therefore know about Quebec laws and regulations.
- Collegial Health and Safety diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years experience as Health and Safety Advisor
- Industrial and construction environment experience
- Excellent knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation and regulations
- Fluently bilingual (French and English) orally and in writing
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite software
- Member of the Canadian Council of Certified Safety Professionals (CSP), an asset
- NLCSA Construction Safety Officer Designation (CSO) member, an asset
- Hold an ASP construction card from Quebec, an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Assurance Dentaire
- Assurance Invalidité
- Assurance Maladie Complémentaire
- Assurance Vie
- Congés de Vacances et Compensatoires
- Événements d'Entreprise
- Programme d'Aide aux Employés
- REER Collectif