Summer HR Student - Gander FIR
Gander - Newfoundland And Labrador (NL),
Job Posting TitleSummer HR Student - Gander FIR
Job CategoryAdminstrative & Office Support
Language RequirementsEnglish / Anglais
Posting Start Date2020-02-21
Posting End Date2020-03-06
Pay RangeCommensurate with Experience / Selon l’expérience
Job SummaryWe are hiring a student to join our Human Resources (HR) Team at the Gander ACC! As a Summer Student, you will improve your skills and gain valuable work experience in your area of study by working with outstanding professionals and learning about NAV CANADA and Canada’s Air Navigation Service. As an organization focused on collaboration and team work, we provide opportunities for students to share ideas and perspectives. For NAV CANADA, the Summer Student Program is an opportunity to identify highly skilled talent for future positions.
The HR team is committed to providing creative and innovative programs, policies and services that support NAV CANADA’s goals and strategic objectives. We have approximately 100 employees on the HR team across Canada in diverse roles in a variety of groups: Human Resources Operations, Labour Relations, Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Health and Total Rewards.
The Summer Student will be required to provide a range of tasks that will support both the HR and Operations teams. Tasks may include:
- Supporting the local HR team in various functions relating to labour relations, local staffing, and HR initiatives.
- Administrative support to the Operations team as needed (update customer information; create databases on SharePoint, create and maintain spreadsheets, inventory for supplies, create and update information binders, organize files, etc.)
- Support for social events organization and planning in the Area Control Centre
- Support on current projects: gathering and analyzing data, format and update documents, keep notes, provide input, etc.
- Support the shipping and receiving function
- Support Operational training with
Interested in an opportunity with our team? Apply now!
To qualify for a NAV CANADA summer job:
- You must be 16 years of age or older
- You must be legally able to work in Canada
- You must be enrolled full time in a secondary or post-secondary program and returning to school in the fall
- You must have proof of your school enrollment
- If you are 18 years old or older, you must complete a police or criminal record check
Our ideal student:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated to learn and gain valuable experience
- Ability to take initiative and self-direct
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with SharePoint is an asset.
How to apply?
You must apply between February 21, 2020 and March 6, 2020. Late applications are not accepted.
Most summer students start employment with NAV CANADA in early May. However, summer hiring continues through the summer months, and you could be contacted in May, June, July and August.
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA’s Drug and Alcohol policy.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily and clearly on the subject line of their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
NAV CANADA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.