GM Emera New Brunswick
Saint John - New Brunswick (NB),
Estimated salary $13 - $17 an hour
Job Title: General Manager, Emera New Brunswick
Location: Saint John, NB
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Why Join Emera? Emera is a North American energy leader. Regulated utilities are core to our business, but we’re also working in transmission projects, marketing and trading, contracted generation, asset management, utility services, pipelines, and renewable technology development.
Our ability to serve more customers in more places is thanks to the commitment of our 7,100 employees in Canada, the USA and the Caribbean. As we grow, we are excited to welcome new team members who are committed to our purpose and our approach to business.
Emera values people who believe that safety and health, relationships, and excellence are integral to how we work. In return, we value the diversity of our people and invest in their growth through:
- competitive compensation packages: including a comprehensive pension and benefits plan and employer-sponsored saving plans;
- opportunities for career growth: including a strategic focus on employee development plans, opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies and, sponsored education programs;
- giving back to communities: including corporate investments in the places where our people live and work; employee dollars-for-doers and fundraising-matching programs and, scholarships for children of employees.
Accountabilities: Reporting to the Emera New Brunswick Board of Directors and EVP Project Development and Operations Support, Emera Inc., as the General Manager, Emera New Brunswick you will be responsible for the overall operations as well as managing key stakeholder relationships including the Canada Energy Regulator and the Government of New Brunswick. Key accountabilities relate to safety, emergency preparedness, pipeline integrity management, budget, business growth and community relations.
More specifically, the General Manager will:
- Be responsible for the overall management of the team in Saint John, NB;
- Ensure Emera New Brunswick consistently delivers on its commitment to safety, health, and the environment;
- Demonstrate an understanding of how Emera New Brunswick fits into the broader community, governmental and political landscape.
Skills, Capabilities, Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years working in a senior leadership position in the energy sector;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or related field;
- Proven people leader with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with leaders and employees at all levels of the organization;
- Strong financial and business acumen;
- You can direct the business from a high level while skillfully managing the everyday operational needs of the business;
- Working effectively and connecting with a wide variety of people in the broader community is an important requirement of this position;
- You are an articulate communicator, able to translate highly technical information into summaries for various stakeholders;
- Superior written communication skills and demonstrated
At Emera, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. We expect members of our leadership team to implement safety, health, and environmental standards. The successful incumbent will also be a visible leader who cultivates innovation and supports change to ensure the business continually evolves. Furthermore, they will build strong, collaborative relationships that achieve results. The General Manager will encourage others to speak about ethical concerns, listen when issues are brought forward, and take action to address any issues. Lastly, they will motivate their team to perform at higher levels and deliver exceptional service to customer as well as set goals for their department and seek opportunities to build strategic partnerships with others.
Reports to: Emera New Brunswick Board of Directors and EVP Project Development and Operations Support, Emera Inc.
Emera New Brunswick, owner of the Brunswick Pipeline, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Emera Inc. (EMA-TSX). The Brunswick Pipeline delivers natural gas from the Canaport ™ Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) receiving and re-gasification terminal near Saint John, New Brunswick to markets in Canada and the US Northeast. The 145-kilometer pipeline extends through southwest New Brunswick to an interconnection with the Maritimes and Northeast Pipeline at the Canada/US border near St. Stephen, New Brunswick. Emera New Brunswick's team is based in Saint John, NB. We work diligently to ensure the safe and reliable operations of the Brunswick Pipeline and are active members of our communities.
Form of Application: To apply, please click on the APPLY button at the end of the job posting, complete all required information fields, and copy and paste your cover letter and resume into the online form.
Application Deadline: All interested candidates should apply no later than April 4, 2021. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of the visible minority community, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through a series of questions in the online application process.