Client Care Assistant (PSW)
Riverview - New Brunswick (NB),
Estimated salary $28,094 - $34,337 a year
Shannex is a leader in seniors’ accommodation, service and care, providing Care at Home, Parkland Retirement Living and Nursing Home options across the Maritime region for 30 years. The future is bright at Shannex. Today we have five Parkland Retirement Living campuses in New Brunswick, and we are continuing to grow.
If you are client-focused, results oriented, service-oriented individual who wants to be part of a new and dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
We currently have the following opportunity:
Client Care Assistant (PSW)
What you will do:
Located in Riverview, NB and reporting to the Client Services Manager the Client Care Assistant (CCA/PSW) is part of the Harmony & Wellness Team. The CCA will work within Canterbury Hall, a Licensed Level 2 Assisted Living facility as part of an interdisciplinary team. The Client Care Assistant is responsible for meeting clients’ needs according to an individualized service plan and all aspects of personal care for clients. You will assist clients with activities of daily living and you may perform and assist in light housekeeping, meal preparation, basic laundry service, recreational activities and other related work.
- Make a measurable difference in the quality of life for residents and their families at our Parkland Riverview Retirement Living community located in Riverview, NB.
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Benefits eligible first day of work
- vacation accrual begins immediately
- RRSP retirement savings program (company matches up to 5% base salary)
- Free on-site parking
How you will do it:
- Assists clients with hygiene and daily living activities, such as: bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, meals, and mobilizing according to the work assignment;
- Assists clients and Culinary workers during meal time;
- Assists in the provision of social, spiritual, and intellectual activities for clients;
- Administers client medications as assigned
The must haves:
- Home/Personal Support Worker Program, Special Care Home Worker Program, Health Care Aid or Human Services Program, or equivalent;
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification;
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays;
- Clear Criminal Record Check;
- Clear Social Development Check.
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Parkland Medication Administration Certificate Program or equivalent;
- Basic food safety training or similar food safety education;
- Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementia Care Course;
- Back in Form Lift and Transfer Program.
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a senior living environment;We offer a comprehensive compensation and an attractive benefit plan. All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
Job Type: Casual
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Personal Support Worker (Required)