Fundraising & Events Coordinator
Quispamsis - New Brunswick (NB),
Kennebecasis Valley Oasis Youth Centre
Estimated salary $28,094 - $34,337 a year
KV Oasis Youth Centre is seeking an energetic and experienced Fundraising & Events Coordinator!
The Fundraising & Events Coordinator is responsible for planning and executing fundraisers and special events for the centre. They will be expected to seek out new fundraising opportunities, develop and cultivate relationships within the community for ongoing partnerships, and create/modify events and activities to meet the ever-changing needs of the organization. The Fundraising & Events Coordinator handles multiple responsibilities, solves complex problems, and provides leadership, supervision and direction when planning events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain professional and community contacts.
- Liaise with professional associations and develop partnerships/relationships.
- Identify and cultivate fundraising opportunities/partners for ongoing financial support of the Centre.
- Plan, design and produce events while managing all project delivery elements on time and on budget.
- Achieve fundraising goals/objectives as identified by the Executive Director.
- Organize facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Develop and manage event budgets to meet targets/operating margins as established with the Executive Director.
- Develop and execute marketing plans (social media, radio, etc.) for events and campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with Program Coordinator to produce community-supported programs within the centre.
- Represent KV Oasis Youth Centre at
- Experience with fundraising and donor cultivation.
- Experience with grant writing.
- Strong people skills to deal effectively with different stakeholders.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle concurrent projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize opportunities and activities.
- Financial management skills.
- Knowledge of data management, record-keeping systems and tax receipting procedures and requirements.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working with youth is an asset.
Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position ( approx 25 hours weekly )with the possibility of turning into a full-time position in the near future.
This position occasionally requires working in special conditions. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, working outdoors, and working with challenging clients.
- Salary range will depend on the level of experience.
- If selected for an interview, a vulnerable sector check will be required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to connect @ kvoasis. com
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $28,094.00-$34,337.00 per year
- On-site Parking
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)