Bilingual Work Facilitation Specialist
New Brunswick - New Brunswick (NB),
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Program Management team within Disability is looking for an individual with high a focus on customer service to join their team as a Bilingual Work Facilitation Specialist (WFS).
Reporting to the Associate Manager for the WFS team, you will work with Case Managers to deliver Absence Management Consultation Services (AMCS) including ergonomic evaluations and return to work meetings/planning. You will also contribute to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating a timely return to work for our policyholders’ employees.
**This is a Work from Home opportunity located in New Brunswick. Travelling within the province of New Brunswick is required, so you must have your own vehicle.
- Contributing to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating more timely return to work for claimants
- Meet directly with stakeholders to provide early intervention services and facilitate return-to-work meetings
- Manage medical/non-medical and complex cases using a goal-oriented plan approved by the Case Manager
- Providing goal oriented ergonomic evaluations
- Bilingual (Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French)
- Ability to perform ergonomic evaluations/facilitation meetings
- University degree in Kinesiology, Ergonomics or related field
- Extensive vocational rehabilitation experience or several years active rehabilitation experience
- Case management experience would be considered an asset;
- Sound knowledge of occupational health issues, vocational rehabilitation and disability insurance
- Valid driver’s license and car is required to travel to various locations; willingness to travel throughout the province
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Completion of related Insurance Industry courses would be an asset.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to quickly identify relevant issues and stakeholder need
- Strong in negotiation with the ability to influence others
- Demonstrated strength in conflict management skills
- Proven analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage a large caseload and the stress and pressure related to multiple demands on time combined with direct contact with claimants
- Strength in working independently and in a cohesive team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2019, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.