Business Data Analyst - Spend Management
Moncton - New Brunswick (NB),
Estimated salary $50,398 - $59,038 a year
LAC Group is seeking a Business Data Analyst for its Spend Management team in New York City. This is a virtual position and will be located located in Moncton, NB. The objective of this role is to provide data analysis and reporting support. The individual will serve as the primary professional support role for managers and executives and between clients, when applicable. The analyst will work with available data and translate into English, useful metrics and summaries that will support our recommendations to clients, assist in making better business decisions, etc. The individual will provide strong analytical and reporting support to the consulting team, using excel, Qlik (BI tool) and other data management tools.
The candidate will work directly with the Manager of Research Consulting and Vice President of Legal Research to understand the division's business environment and needs and will identify and document relevant project documents and related data to project, process and specification details.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- Performs detailed analysis of database usage, survey data and draw conclusions; translate the data into an understandable document.
- Understands business context, problems and communicates them clearly in written and oral format.
- Helps maintain records for all active projects and implements archival processes for completed work.
- Provides additional support for basic client related inquiries for the Legal Research Consulting Division when management is unavailable.
- Documents meeting minutes and action items for internal and client related projects.
- Performs data entry and corrections of data in LAC
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-4 years of experience in documenting business and data requirements for consulting, legal or corporate development projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Stats, Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including data analysis, pivot table, and chart creation and ability to generate simple to mid-level Microsoft SQL queries
- Math skills to estimate numerical data.
- Knowledge of Qlik or a similar BI tool is required.
- Knowledge of GSuite, including Google Sheets.
- Project or delivery management experience supporting business intelligence, data mining and/or data consolidation preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong written, verbal presentation skills and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to meet tight project deadlines.
- Ability to perform data mapping from one system to another.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.