Dozer/ Excavator Operator
Moncton - New Brunswick (NB),
Estimated salary $14 an hour
Dexter Construction, the largest civil contractor in Atlantic Canada, is currently seeking motivated and reliable Dozer/Excavator Operator to join our ever-growing team based out of the Moncton, NB area.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Dozer/Excavator Operator is responsible to excavate, move, load, and grade materials such as earth, rock, and gravel on the worksite. The Dozer/Excavator Operator is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment and performing repairs as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of equipment to move, load, and grade materials on the worksite;
- Grade various parts of the worksite to the designed elevation in a timely manner;
- Operate the equipment smoothly and safely;
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks;
- Repair and maintain vehicle in good condition;
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2 years experience in a construction environment is a must;
- Experience operating in civil earth works, road and highway construction,
What is Offered:
- Competitive Compensation and a comprehensive Benefits Package is available upon meeting contract probationary agreement.
- Dexter is an Equal Opportunity Employer;
- Our company offers internal opportunities for advancement & professional/personal growth;
- Employees are offered unique perks including company discounts.
How to Apply:
If interested in this position, all qualified candidates are to submit a detailed resume directly through Indeed portal. We thank all those for submitting an application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Dozer Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excavator Operator: 2 years (Preferred)
- Moncton, NB (Preferred)
- Class 5 Driver's Licence (Preferred)