Moncton - New Brunswick (NB),
Day & Ross Inc.
Position Title:Transborder Coordinator
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Requisition ID: 8993
Grade: Grade 03
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
Day & Ross is one of Canada’s largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and now we have a team of more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators.
We believe our people are our greatest strength – and we treat them like family. For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
As a Transborder Coordinator your responsibility will be to provide service to our business through following our established Transborder policies, procedures, programs and best practices. A motivated, Administrative professional with an emphasis on being customer, solution and process improvement focused. This role is accountable for the Transborder administration work within the gateway terminal.
Your successful administration will produce the efficient and timely processing of shipments for border crossing to the USA, and prompt and proper handling of northbound trailers and paperwork from the USA, as well as all bond shipments and for developing and distributing operational reports to be used for analyzing operational improvements and error resolution. The processing will happen within the corporate goals of safety, service and cost control.
How You'll Help
- Assist terminals in their day to day Transborder operations in matters that require higher levels of Transborder knowledge and expertise.
- Develop and distribute Transborder reports, as directed, in an efficient and timely manner
- Act as a key resource in the development and implementation of Transborder processes both nationally and at the terminal level
- Act as a key resource for other departments in Day & Ross in matters relating to Transborder
Minimum of secondary education, with preference of post-secondary education (general stream), or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge of transborder processes and regulatory affairs
- Experience in transportation and trucking industry
- Experience in dealing with Canada and US customs
- Communication skills - advanced
- Computer skills – accuracy, MS products, AS400, web based programs
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Able to work deadlines in high transactional environment
- Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues
- Results focused
- Working computer literacy in MS Office, ERP, AS400 and Customs systems
- Experience in customs broker industry would be considered an asset
- Strong customer focus
- Communication skills – advanced, both written and spoken
- Time management skills
- Team player focused
- Results focused
- Ability to work autonomously and with self-direction
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership of deliverables
- Bilingual an asset
- English, other languages an asset
- Able to work with little supervision
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton