Moncton - New Brunswick (NB),
City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton
Estimated salary $44,000 - $46,000 a year
Sustainable Growth and Development
Job # P898
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for Executive Assistant - Administration with the Engineering and Environmental Services Department.
This position will be responsible to develop and maintain the record management system for the Engineering and Environmental Services Department. This position includes functions as back up Timekeeper, back up purchasing requisitions and purchase orders administered through the Oracle Financial System. The incumbent performs a variety of administrative and clerical support functions to include receptionist duties. This position requires a thorough knowledge of the terminology, procedures and practices encountered in an engineering and highly technical environment with a significant degree of independence and accountability for results.
This position reports to the Director of Design and Construction and will work closely in a support role with the General Manager, Sustainable Growth and Development.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution where office skills and record management were acquired or equivalency in an office environment.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in performing similar or related duties. A demonstrated knowledge and experience in an engineering or construction related setting would be beneficial.
- Fluency in both official languages is a requirement (English and French).
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe
- Employees of this classification develop and revise their work routine and carry out assignments to completion under their own initiative.
- Must be willing to upgrade skills as required by changes in the workplace.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy and perform quality work especially when faced with a busy environment.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS: Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/employment or obtain an application from Human Resources at City Hall. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - SEPTEMBER 4, 2020
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however,
only those invited for interviews will be contacted)