Miramichi - New Brunswick (NB),
Estimated salary $14 - $16 an hour
With approximately 4000 employees, Shannex RLC Limited is a family-owned Canadian company based in the Maritimes. With over 30 years of experience creating better ways to deliver seniors living and long-term care communities throughout Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario, Shannex offers a continuum of lifestyle options under our flagship brands Parkland™, Shannex™ and Faubourg du Mascaret™.
Parkland’s newest retirement community located in Miramichi, called Parkland on the River, will offer 53 All-Inclusive Lifestyle suites. Located in Douglastown, along the King George Highway, this community features the world-famous Miramichi River as its backdrop. Residents will enjoy daily meal services prepared by our Culinary Team, 24-hour emergency response, and services such as weekly housekeeping & linen, recreation & wellness activities, a concierge, and a chauffeur. Bridgeview Hall, an 81-bed licensed nursing home, is located on the same campus and is connected to by a pedway.
We are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
Wellness Coach (Recreation) – Temporary Full Time
Located in Miramichi, NB, reporting to the Lifesyle Consultant and working as part of the Wellness Team, the Wellness Coach implements and evaluates Harmony Wellness services to all clients and guests according to established expectations for service excellence.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborating with each client to assess their engagement of meaningful activities in the six dimensions of wellness - Physical, Social, Intellectual, Vocational, Emotional, and Spiritual;
- Assisting each client in achieving their goals to enhance their overall wellness and assist with defining strategies for achieving those goals;
- Developing client-directed individualized and community-wide programs to promote the six dimensions of wellness for clients;
- Fostering partnerships with local businesses and community groups to facilitate program development;
- Managing the Harmony Program technology to enhance communication with clients and staff;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of respecting client’s rights, including: respecting others, maintaining confidentiality, promoting independence, respecting privacy, respecting the right to refuse services and involvement;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the client-directed Philosophy of Service;
- Evaluating the Harmony Program to ensure that the program is meeting the clients’ needs and expectations along with upholding the established expectations of the program;
- Collaborating with the Harmony & Wellness team to develop a plan for full-scope wellness programming in the Hospitality & Wellness, Assisted Living and Memory Care service lines;
- Oversees the process of orientation for each new client to the wellness department and services;
- Completion of the Harmony Wellness Assessment Guide with all clients to assist them in defining their strengths and areas they would like to enhance to improve their overall wellness;
- Provides ongoing encouragement to clients in areas such as participation, volunteering, making independent decisions, and voicing personal preferences and choices;
- Meets with clients at least
- Degree/Diploma in Recreation or other related discipline;
- Experience in programming and planning for seniors in a recreational environment;
- Food Safety Handler’s Course (training is available);
- Emergency First Aid and CPR;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use electronic information systems, including but not limited to electronic health records;
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts when required.
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias Care Course;
- Knowledge of the six dimensions of wellness;
- Bilingualism in French/English;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors living environment.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00-$16.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday