EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR – LEVEL 1
Fredericton - New Brunswick (NB),
PACESETTERS EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE CENTRE
Estimated salary $41,853 a year
Pacesetters Early Learning and Child Care Centre is a Preschool and Childcare Centre that also offers Out of School Care program. Our childcare facility is currently looking for an energetic, innovative, caring, and compassionate Level 1 Early Childhood Educator who has experience caring for children ages 19 months to 12 years. We are committed to providing top-quality care and education for children who are enrolled in our program. Our goal is to enhance the lives of every child that attends our program. If you are a patient, friendly and caring professional with a childcare background, we hope you will get in touch about this position.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1 Full-time permanent position.
SALARY: Up to $41,852.80 with benefits after six months probation period.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position assists the Early Childhood Educator with planning and implementing the Alberta’s Early Learning & Care Framework Curriculum. Understands child-directed learning and play-based practice. Classroom planning is based on objective observation and is responsive to the needs of the enrolled children. The program’s philosophy will be supported through the lesson plan implementation, and this position will support the highest quality of service. Provides care and learning in a safe, healthy, nurturing and responsive setting to each child, meeting the Alberta’s Child Care Regulations standards.
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor.
- Program planning and implementation
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Sound knowledge of child development
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- Excellent team player
- Ability to relate well with children, parents, colleagues and community
- Compassion and humour
- Demonstrated ability to supervise children
STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assists in the implementation of posted indoor and outdoor daily activities; assists with the ongoing supervision of playroom, playground, group and routine activities.
- Assists the ECE staff to ensure the overall health and safety of children enrolled in the program by maintaining a sanitary and safe environment and identifying unwell children.
- Provides assistance with arranging children’s play space to reflect the philosophy of the curriculum.
- Builds and maintains responsive relationships with individuals and groups of children in care.
- Assists the ECE Staff in the developmental assessment of individual children based on observations; establishes and maintains effective communication with parents and student teachers by sharing daily information regarding children’s activities, programs, special events, etc.
- Assists with the daily preparation of the playground and playroom; cleans/organizes equipment and other areas of the centre as needed.
- Collaborates with the program supervisor and team members to share expertise and
- Certificate or Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Current First Aid certification: Standard Level C CPR
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check. (not dated more than six months).
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and language/s, and experience working with Indigenous families and communities - is an asset.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and instructions from Supervisor and ECE team member with accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Good interpersonal, organization, and observation skills.
- Ability to spend most of the day at the child’s level, e.g., sitting on the floor or on child height chairs.
- Able to bend, stoop, lift a child to adult height (up to 44lbs), and move children’s furniture or equipment to prepare the room for programming needs.
- Ability to take the initiative in preparing for routines that support daily activities such as preparing area for meal times and clean up, and getting strollers ready for walks.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting our children and our centre’s success.
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork and people skills.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
EXPERIENCE: 6 months – 2 Years
This position will be evaluated six months after initial employment and assessed annually by the Pacesetters Early Learning and Child Care Centre Director.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to verify completion of (or in the process of completing) Standard First Aid: CPR Level C.
We thank all applicants, and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Pacesetters Early Learning and Child Care Centre
Address: 235 McAlpine Crescent #7A
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 4A5
Located in Fort City Play world
Reference ID: 20214
Application Deadline: 2021-04-01
Expected Start Date: 2021-04-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $41,852.80 per year
All Covid-19 Risk Mitigation and procedures as outlined by the Alberta Public Health are in place.