Chief Executive Officer
Fredericton - New Brunswick (NB),
Joint Economic Development Initiative Inc
Estimated salary $11.70 - $12.62 an hour
The Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI) is dedicated to supporting Indigenous peoples in New Brunswick in reaching their full economic development potential through advocacy and networking.
It is an exciting time to join and lead JEDI and, as our long-serving Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is retiring in December, the organization is launching a search for the right individual to assume this dynamic leadership role located in Fredericton.
In partnership with JEDI's Board of Directors, the CEO ensures the organization's relevance and accountability to its stakeholders and the fulfillment of JEDI's mission and vision. The CEO oversees implementation of JEDI's strategic plan including program, operational, financial, administrative and human resources activities of the corporation.
The ideal candidate has proven success in steering and growing an organization and will deeply commit to JEDI's vision, mission and values. An accomplished leader, you possess energy, vision and enthusiasm and connect easily with people whether they are staff, partners, community members or clients. You will thrive in the role as the public face and lead advocate for JEDI, ensuring that the profile of our organization and its important work is maintained.
- Consult with and report to JEDI's Board of Directors on JEDI activities, direction, opportunities and risks.
- Implement JEDI's strategic plan as defined by the organization through JEDI's programs, services and activities. Ensure that JEDI's strategic plan is regularly reviewed and updated.
- Cultivate and manage critical strategic relationships with Indigenous communities, funders, employers/industry, and other key stakeholders to facilitate the achievement of JEDI's objectives.
- Ensure best practices in governance systems, controls and procedures particularly those related to financial control and organizational resources.
- University degree in Public or Business Administration, Human Resources or a related discipline.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role that includes working with a board of directors and managing resources and programs, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of senior experience in Indigenous economic and workforce development; a sound knowledge of First Nation communities, networks, culture and social concerns. Preference will be given to qualified candidates of Indigenous descent.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a high degree of integrity and transparency.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage budgets.
- Commitment to ensuring the development and delivery of quality programs.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to manage continuity, change and transition.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and manage risks to an organization.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
If you are interested in joining the JEDI team, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document to [email protected] by 4:30 p.m. on September 11, 2020 stating Chief Executive Officer in the subject line.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.