Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
Campbellton - New Brunswick (NB),
Réseau de santé Vitalité
Estimated salary $21.58 - $23.23 an hour
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Campbellton
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Occupational Health and Safety
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Advisor
STATU: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday - 8:00 to 16:00
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the responsibility of the regional manager, the advisor ensures that OHS standards are applied throughout all facilities within Zone 5 of Vitalité Health Network, manages WorkSafe NB claims efficiently, and contributes actively to managing resulting disabilities and accommodations. The advisor sits on various joint occupational health and safety committees, actively participates in implementing recommendations and in preventing and analyzing accidents, and also carries out necessary follow-up. The advisor trains employees on the various components of OHS. The advisor represents the employer at Workers' Compensation Appeals Tribunal hearings and supports department heads with disciplinary measures resulting from OHS situations. All these duties are performed in collaboration with various external and internal stakeholders. Other duties related to the smooth operation of the department and to human resources may be assigned.
- Postsecondary degree and experience in OHS or combination of training and
Spoken and written competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.