Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Enterprise Treasury team in the areas of financial & payment processes.
The Financial Analyst is accountable for supporting the improvement, development, and implementation of financial and payment processes on an enterprise basis.
If you are a recently designated accountant who is looking to increase your experience in the insurance industry and to support our finance and payment modernization efforts across the organization, this could be the role for you!
- Perform analysis as directed relative to financial and payment processes, including assisting in the development of related reporting and KPIs;
- Assist in continuous improvement initiatives/projects as assigned including development, planning, and implementation thereon
- Assist in the identification of data, reporting, and analytical information needs;
- Liaison with other departments relative to financial and payment process improvements;
- Develop new business processes and related controls including process documentation and process change initiatives to support transition to other business stakeholder groups;
- Perform duties supporting our accounts payable and regional accounting functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Professional accounting designation; CPA, CA, CMA, CGA;
- Minimum three years of relevant accounting experience;
- Previous insurance industry experience would be considered an asset;
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent responsibilities;
- Adaptable to a changing environment, with the ability to champion change while motivating and influencing others;
- Highly proficient time management skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Takes clear ownership and becomes an expert in a certain subject area or areas, educating others in areas he/she is especially knowledgeable
- Demonstrates effective communication by expressing ideas clearly, and asking probing questions to ensure understanding
- Able to consistently identify when
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, annual bonus plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. We’re also proud to give our employees in Canada the flexibility to choose how and where they want to work. Options in most roles include work from the office, from home, or a hybrid mix of time spent at both.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or marital status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact us, in confidence.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday