Service Desk Analyst
Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
University of Manitoba
Estimated salary $31,200 - $35,000 a year
At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the eighth consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
The Service Desk Analyst provides IT-related assistance to all University of Manitoba faculty, staff, retirees, and students. The Analyst is responsible for providing excellent customer technical service that is courteous and responsive in a client-facing environment. The individual will work with IST customers providing guidance, advice, and documentation to troubleshoot or resolve IT-related problems. The position will be required to schedule audiovisual booking requests.
This is a term position expected to end 6 months from the start of date.
Must be available to work occasional overtime, on-call shifts and scheduled shifts at either campus.
Shift work is scheduled: M-F 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· Two-year community college diploma with related certificates in an IT discipline, is required.
· Bachelors degree in a related field with related certificates in an IT discipline, is preferred.
· ITIL Foundations certificate preferred.
· A minimum of one year of experience working on a Help Desk or Service Desk in an academic or administrative environment is required.
· Must have experience using an ITSM tool to record and manage incidents and service requests.
· Experience working with an ACD phone system is preferred.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in dealing with all levels of staff and all levels of user knowledge, is required.
· Advanced knowledge of MS Window, MAC, iOS, Android, etc. operating systems is required. -Good manual dexterity, mobility, and eyesight.
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and similar business productivity tools.
· Must have an excellent knowledge of web browsing software.
· Must have a strong knowledge of supporting and configuring mobile devices and tablets.
· Must be able to work quickly and calmly under
· Must have excellent troubleshooting skills for the following: PC workstations, laptops, printers, fax machines, and scanners.
· Familiarity with University of Manitoba supported applications is desirable (such as Banner, VIP, and Aurora, UMLearn, etc.).
· Must have experience supporting clients using Active Directory and MS Exchange.
· Ability to manage varying workloads to analyze situations quickly and correctly under pressure is required.
· Must be able to work individually and in a team environment.
· The ability to accurately type 30 words per minute is required.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Pension plan.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=13969
Closing Date: December 23, 2020
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-8371. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $27.30-$36.38 per day
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Monday to Friday
- On call