Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
RJ MILLWORK CO LTD
$45,000 - $70,000 a year
Live in Canada and looking for better quality of life?
Why not work from home?
Keep all your current contractor and vendor relationships.
Enjoy cutting edge estimating software.
Be a part of something amazing.
RJ Millwork Co is an architectural millwork company based in Winnipeg Manitoba wanting to expand our estimating team across Canada. We need someone who wants to be part of a team where culture and quality of life are the primary focus.
RJ Millwork is creating a positive work environment and wants to be the best millwork company in Canada to work for. We need an awesome attitude above all else and are willing to train you to best fill this position.
5 years estimating experience is mandatory.
10 years’ combined experience in manufacturing and installation of custom millwork would also be an incredible asset.
- Responsible for performing accurate take-offs from Architectural drawings.
- Reading and interpreting specifications from architectural documents.
- Solicit, obtain and negotiate supplier pricing.
- Consult with sales, estimating department and Manufacturing Manager for pricing of non-standard items.
- Suggest cost-saving alternatives for approval by Lead Estimator/Sales manager
- Prepare accurate, concise and complete quotations based on specifications and bid documents
- Prepare job information and pricing for the Project Management department.
- Participate in tender closings.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Company product standards, Industry standards, LEED and AWMAC/AWI requirements.
- Attend departmental and company meetings and training sessions as required.
- Assist Estimating team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Ability to read architectural specs, addendums, PCN’s.
- Ability to interact tactfully and effectively with a wide variety of individuals in person.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work effectively, despite numerous interruptions and changing priorities.
- Must show initiative, pride in producing quality work.
- Skill and accuracy with mathematical concepts and calculations
- Some CAD experience preferred.
- RJ Millwork is willing to train the right person.
If you enjoy a challenging and fast-paced work environment, you’ll love working with our team. We encourage you to asks questions, make suggestions to improve processes. We also believe having a good laugh while getting the job done is the best way to stay motivated and be happy at work.
RJ Millwork uses state of the art cloud-based software allowing our estimating team to work from anywhere in the world. We’re looking for an estimator with existing contractor relationships allowing RJ Millwork to expand into your region with seamless effort. Our Software removes most of the guess work out of estimating allowing every proposal to be submitted with confidence.
Join our team and improve your quality of life.
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Vision care
- Profit sharing/share options
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- estimating: 8 years (Required)