Human Resources Coordinator
Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
Would you like to join one of the world’s leaders in Additives and Animal Nutrition? Are you looking forward to a multi-disciplinary role with variation from very practical issues to more abstract and complex problems? Then Nutreco has a very interesting role for you!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES within the Assigned Region (Manitoba):
- Utilizing Workday, assist in recruitment, selection and retention initiatives, including working with hiring managers to draft job postings and descriptions, resume collection and screening, setting up and conducting initial interviews, completing reference checks, preparation of offer letters.
- Assist Managers with processing employee status changes and approvals through Workday and work together with Payroll to ensuring timely approvals for all status changes and hires, and paperwork submission for Hourly employees.
- Provide employee and manager support, answering calls and questions in a professional and timely manner.
- Create offer letters, confirmation of employment letters, and work with HR Manager on any involuntary termination letters.
- Support in various HR related activities, including Employee Wellness, Benefits & Pension, Employee Recognition, Service Awards, Training, Development, Compliance, Employee Relations, and Performance Management.
- Support in processing WCB/STD/LTD claims and claims management.
- Advise managers on company policies and provide interpretation where needed.
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide HR Manager, West Region with analysis and recommendations.
- Support Workday initiatives and utilization of the system within the Region, promoting the business process system with Managers and Employees.
- Coordinate Onboarding sessions and Offboarding, including Exit interviews where applicable.
- Assist the HR department in developing, implementing, and applying programs, policies, plans, and processes Nationally and within the Region.
- Plan and assist in preparing and distributing documentation for hourly employees’ new hire orientations and enrollments.
- Ensure the compatibility of job applicants to job positions.
- Plan, organize and attend recruitment fairs as requested.
- Provide general information and assistance internally and externally over the phone, electronically and in
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution in Human Resources.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of HR programs, policies and employment standards legislation including (some knowledge of Canada Labour Code be considered an asset).
- Strong customer service, administrative, clerical and organizational skills required.
- Flexible, able to work in an evolving environment, and is open to change.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate quickly and concisely in a verbal and written format.
- Demonstrates a genuine positive and helpful attitude.
- Strong team player.
- Consistently adheres to and demonstrates company values of Caring, Capable, Collaborative, and Innovative.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to support other team members to the benefit of the company.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Part-time, 24 hours per week
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.