Student Experience Coordinator - (12-month Contract)
Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
Estimated salary $50,923 - $59,033 a year
Student Experience Coordinator - (12-month Contract)
Description of the College
ICM, in association with University of Manitoba, offers university pathway programs to international students and is based on the University of Manitoba Campus in Winnipeg. ICM is managed by Navitas Limited with colleges in Canada, the USA, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
For more than two decades, Navitas has accelerated the internationalization of university campuses around the globe, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences.
Navitas is seeking to employ a Student Experience Coordinator to join our North American team in Winnipeg, MB for twelve (12) months.
The Student Experience Coordinator works with the Student Experience Manager on the strategic implementation of programming that supports student outcomes, student experience, and academic rigour.
The position is responsible for holistic student support services and programming, student leadership opportunities, peer programs, and individual student support.
The Student Experience Coordinator manages and mentors a diverse group of student volunteers.
· College students and alumni
· Members of the UP community, including but not limited to international student services, health and counselling, housing, and registrar’s office
· Counterparts in other colleges within the division
· Support the Student Experience Manager in the delivery of programming relating to all areas of student life, ensuring students have a smooth transition into the College and to the UP
· Collaborate with the Student Experience Manager in developing the strategic direction of leadership programs; provide holistic mentorship to international college students in implementing peer programming and achieving personal goals
· Develop and deliver holistic student programming rooted by theoretical framework(s) and evaluate for effectiveness in achieving strategic goals, including but not limited to:
o Leadership and Volunteer Training
o Peer Programs
o Transition programming, including orientation/graduation
o Alumni programming
o Career development
· Support internal communications within the college including design and management of student email communications, web pages, video content and social media
· Support the strategic enrolment management systems of the college with an emphasis on retention, success, and student experience
· Ensure compliance of regulatory requirements in the compilation of data in preparation for reporting, analysis, and presentation
· Administer student satisfaction surveys
· Maintain breadth of knowledge
· Engage with industry best practices in the field of student programming and development
· Other duties as required
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· A degree in a relevant field from a recognized university
· Experience working in a higher education environment
· Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate with a wide range of people from culturally diverse backgrounds
· Significant customer-service experience and ability to respond and deal effectively with conflict and student service concerns
· Understanding of academic expectations and the difficulties faced by students undertaking post-secondary studies
· Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters
· Demonstrated leadership and coordination skills required to manage all functions of a busy office
· Ability to organize and prioritise multiple issues/tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to plan, develop, promote, facilitate, monitor and evaluate learning programs or events Demonstrated commitment to quality assurance and continuous improvement
· Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, internet and intranet technologies, particularly as they apply to the effective delivery of a student-centred learning experience, and in the compilation, presentation and dissemination of reports and submissions
· Legally permitted to work in Canada
· Exposure to the academic needs and requirements of international students
· Supervisory and/or student mentorship experience
· Experience in a multicultural environment
What We Offer
Navitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and are a values-driven employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references in one file. After you click 'Submit', your application will be sent directly to the Recruitment inbox.
Applications may be considered for similar positions.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Central Time on Monday, September 7, 2020.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a Criminal background check and professional references checks.
Please be advised that candidates with the legal right to work in Canada at time of application will be considered.
Application deadline: 2020-09-07
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday