Aide - Clerk
Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
Estimated salary $18.26 an hour
Requisition ID: 157781
Position Number: 20081597
Posting End Date: November 10. 2020
Site: Grace Hospital
Work Location: Grace Hospital
Department / Unit: Intensive Care
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 11/13/2020 - 11/13/2021
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
This position has the dual responsibility of a Healthcare Aide and Ward Clerk. Providing personal care to patients by providing for, and promoting, personal hygiene, activity and rest, nutrition, elimination, safety and quality of life, in accordance with individualized care plans, and the Hospital and unit’s mission, vision, and values. Performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties which includes arranging patient’s appointments, retrieving patient information, processing physician’s orders, recording statistics, assisting with non-nursing functions related to patient care, answering the telephone and relaying messages, and ordering supplies
- One or two years related work experience preferred
- Grade 12 education
- Health Care Aide Certificate and Unit Clerk Certificate from a recognized school or equivalent.
- Completion of a comprehensive course in medical terminology is required
- Ability to type accurately as well as current computer skills and of software applications
- Ability to train and participate as part of the Code Blue Response team
- Ability to train and participate as part of the Code
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, demonstrated through excellence in time management, organization and prioritization of work
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the hospital, patients, and their families
- The ability to work safely without injury to self or to patients
- Demonstrated ability to lift and transfer patients on a frequent basis, utilizing proper body mechanics and mechanical devices
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition