Accelerated Management Trainee – Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
Estimated salary $49,519 - $60,523 a year
Are you craving more autonomy and less red tape? Do you want to learn by doing – where your actions have a direct impact on your customers, your team and your business results?
If you answered YES to these questions, then EMCO Corporation is the place for you.
Now you may not know anything about EMCO or the construction industry. You could be thinking that this isn’t an exciting industry, an industry you ever saw yourself in, or one where you won’t be challenged and be able to reach your full potential. Well, think again! Imagine a world without restrooms – you can’t! Imagine a world without running hot and cold water available on demand – nope, not fun! What about no heat or air conditioning – pretty miserable! Our products and services are always in demand, and with ever-evolving technology and aesthetics there are always new things to learn to remain current and competitive. Now let’s talk about the most exciting part – EMCO operates under a decentralized business model. What does this mean for you? As an eventual Profit Centre Manager, you will have full autonomy and discretion to run your Profit Centre location and make local/regional business decisions that are right for your team, market and customers, just as if it were your own business. This level of responsibility doesn’t come without a lot of hands on learning, development and hard work. We will expose you to every aspect of running a business successfully including; Customer Relations, Sales, People Management, Pricing, Accounting, Business Development, Health & Safety, Networking, Negotiating, and so much more! Your learning will take place in live running businesses, working on projects and issues with real customers and teammates. You will work alongside world class leaders in their business locations to learn best practices, so some travel is required during to ensure your success as a future Profit Centre Manager.
– The ideal candidate will possess a university degree and more than 5 years’ relevant business experience. You will have gained experience within the wholesale/distribution sector in an organization which sells to small and medium-sized, owner-operated businesses (preferably through a multi-branch network).
– The candidate will be highly intelligent, strategic and possess excellent general management and business management skills coupled with strong operational financial acumen. Experience in a role with P&L responsibility and have a proven track record of building business and improving financial performance. A strong sales
– A strong coach and mentor and an excellent judge of people and talent. This individual will be able to identify and address gaps in performance appropriately, making tough decisions when necessary and providing the necessary support and development to enable people to achieve their full potential.
– An excellent relationship builder with a strong sense of protocol balanced with an informal yet credible style. This individual must be comfortable and effective at dealing with and relating to a wide variety of individuals including senior executives within the supplier community as well as contractors/customers out in the field.
– Driven, energetic, balanced, well-organized, values-based, entrepreneurial, disciplined, unpretentious and resilient are all adjectives which describe this individual
About the Profit Centre Manager Responsibilities:
– Defining goals and strategies to grow market share and share of customer wallet within the Plumbing & Heating market segments
– Identifying location network opportunities as well as acquisition candidates
– Setting high expectations and raising standards of performance
– Ensuring quality of customer service and ongoing measurement of customer loyalty including monitoring satisfaction with products and services, complaint resolution and communication
– Supporting the business planning process (forecast reviews)
– Providing information on customer/competitive intelligence; as well as project management assisting the Regional Manager in:
– Development of a common vision— Engage the PCM’s and draw upon the team to develop a common vision.
– Development and application of a regional strategy – Build a strategy designed to differentiate Emco amongst competitors and create a common feel within the profit centres.
– Inspirational leadership— Develop and promote a culture of high expectations, a winning attitude, strong team dynamics, pride in achievements, fun and collaboration; create a culture which will encourage generation of new ideas, challenging the status quo and active sharing of information.
– Customer relationship management– Develop and maintain strong relationships with our chosen base of customers.
– Business and financial performance– Assist in developing increases in top and bottom-line performance with a view to achieving consistent and sustainable improvements in results and a track record of performance.