Building Servicer 1 - Central Control
Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
City of Winnipeg
Under the direction of the Foreman Grade 2, the Building Servicer 1 in Central Control is will responsible for minor maintenance, repair, and cleaning of buildings, furnishings and fixtures, and assisting in checking and maintaining the operation of building systems. You will also assist in the operation of the Central Control office, and other related duties to provide safe and efficient operation of civic buildings.
As the Building Servicer 1 in Central Control you will:
- Perform a variety of custodial functions in and around facilities including setup and removal of furniture etc. as required.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs to equipment and building fixtures/furnishings to ensure maximum operating safety and efficiency; and assist trades persons and higher-level staff in major repairs and maintenance operations.
- Assist in operation of the Computerized Building Management System (METASYS).
- Assist in the operation of Central Control
- Maintain a proficient level of safety practices and procedures in buildings, safely operate all power and hand tools as required.
- Prepare reports, orders materials and supplies, as required.
- Respond to emergency call-out duty as required.
- Perform daily/monthly maintenance and safety checks.
- Assist in the orientation of fellow employees and maintain co-operative working relations. Perform other related duties consistent with the classification.
- Deal with the general public.
- Receive telephone calls and forward requests for service through the MAXIMO work-tracking system, take messages and/or refer to appropriate sources.
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments to plumbing, heating and ventilating equipment, building components (doors, rails, louvers) and assist in major repairs and maintenance of building systems.
- Participate in various upgrading and training programs.
- May be required to travel between various sites.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 10 education or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Custodial experience
- Experience operating hand and power tools.
- Ability to carry out general maintenance duties in a commercial/industrial environment.
- Ability to work independently and perform duties without direct supervision.
- Ability to train new staff.
- Ability to operate personal computers and computerized building management systems.
- Organizational skills with ability to complete tasks within tight timelines.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to deal satisfactorily with the general public, community groups and other civic staff.
- Written communication skills.
- Knowledge of building operations and maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of materials and chemicals related to the position.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and the safety precautions and regulations that are applicable to the position’s area of work.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess a 5th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate valid in the Province of Manitoba.
- Applicants must have and maintain Winnipeg Police Service Level 2 security clearance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
- Must be able to work various hours as Central Control operates on a 24 hour per day, 7 days per week basis.
- The successful applicant must be physically capable of performing the duties of the job, including working in all weather conditions, climbing ladders and scaffolds, working at heights and in confined spaces.
- St. John’s Ambulance Emergency First Aid Certificate or willingness and ability to obtain it within three (3) months.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented