Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
Canadian Blood Services
Join Canada’s Lifeline!
We are currently seeking a Regular Full-Time Logistics Dispatcher in Winnipeg.
Be part of a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, diverse and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. We are the connection between the sincere generosity of donors, and the heartfelt appreciation of recipients. Thousands of Canadians depend on our programs every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells, organs and tissues.
In this role you will incorporate lean practices in the safe distribution of blood products and transportation of staff, donors, and volunteers. You will also ensure that fleet repairs, maintenance and resources are deployed in a fiscally responsible manner.
Are you ready to embark on a meaningful and inspiring journey, where what you do matters? Be part of Canada’s lifeline. Because we can all be the reason, the connection, that keeps Canadians living.
- Review, plan and coordinate vehicle and staff resources to meet daily operational requirements
- Ensure vehicle maintenance is in accordance with Canadian Blood Services Transportation Rules and Procedures Manual
- Monitor and schedule fleet preventative maintenance, annual government inspections, and vehicle repairs
- Plan and coordinate vehicle repairs based on availability and urgency
- Facilitate the resolution of day to day operational issues, consulting the supervisor/manager for direction as appropriate
- Initiate, post and revise Driver's daily work schedule to accommodate changing work flow within department to meet all tasks including staff and donor shuttles, mobile transportation, hospital deliveries and centre functions
- Ensure duties are performed and completed within time constraints as outlined in daily work schedule
- Maintain inventory/supply levels and equipment requirements
- Participate as a primary member of the Phase Change Material team
- Perform minor equipment repairs as required
- Complete all documentation in accordance with Good Documentation Practices
- Build and foster professional relationships with vendors, internal and external customers
- Serve as the first point of reference in resolution of day to day centre and mobile related issues; problem solve and redirect resources required
- Under direction from the supervisor/manager, replace available shifts
- Maintain Logistics and Donor Centre equipment ensuring timely calibration, preventative
Education, Training and Experience:
- Completion of a secondary school program
- Must possess & maintain a valid Class 4 Manitoba Driver's License
- A Manitoba Commercial Driver Abstract that meets Canadian Blood Services' requirements must be provided
- A minimum of 2 years professional driving experience (within the last 5 years)
- Current experience (within the last 3 years) in a Dispatcher role or related position within a Logistics environment is required
- Current (within the last 3 years) experience in a customer service environment is required
- Current (within the last 3 years) experience in the deployment and scheduling of resources within a regulatory body (ie. Transport Canada)
- Experience working within a unionized environment would be an asset
- Experience in a Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain Operations environment would be an asset
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Demonstrated Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, being able to exercise tact, sound judgement and discretion when dealing with others
- Strong organizational and time management skills; manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Action, plan and execute tasks under the direction of the supervisor/manager
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with peers, management, customers, vendors, volunteers and donors
- Effective problem-solving skills, capable of interpreting and analysing reports to make plausible recommendations
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office - including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working experience with Internet browser navigation
- Motivated to succeed with the ability to follow procedure and deliver results
- Ability to operate company vehicles safely
- General mechanical aptitude is an asset
- General knowledge of Winnipeg streets & Manitoba highway regulations is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.