Regional Market Leader, Deposits
Winnipeg - Manitoba (MB),
BMO Financial Group
Address:335 Main Street
Job Family Group:
Responsible for driving regional Deposit Balance & Revenue growth, both through sales support of the existing sales force, and via direct business development activities, particularly focussed on Deposit-based Industry Program verticals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with banking partners and stakeholders
- Develops and maintains relationships with Business Banking prospects and Centres of Influence
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Develops an effective external network to support the identification of new and increased investment and/or lending business opportunities.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes and supports completion of required documentation for customers and new prospects; may prepare non-standard/negotiated pricing agreements
- Develop an external marketing presence via social media channels (eg. LinkedIn), with regularly posted content
- Establishes and enhances the Bank’s profile in the community by participating in business and community activities and seeks opportunities to promote banking products and services
- Provides support for sales activities (e.g. presentations, bids / proposals, and requests for information).
- Works toward the achievement of sales targets for business banking deposit products and services by applying business development and relationship management sales and service principles, practices, techniques and financial counseling or planning capabilities and developing packages or alternatives that meet profitability standards
- Retains and expands existing relationships to achieve portfolio retention, sales, service, and profitability objectives.
- Works jointly with partners and stakeholders to develop non-standard/negotiated pricing agreements for cash management customers.
Subject Matter Expert
- Acts as the prime Business Deposits subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders
- Provides subject matter expertise and assistance with complex deal structuring.
- Provides subject matter expertise on market conditions and trends to maintain a high level of environmental awareness.
- Provides an understanding of client cash flow and liquidity so banking partners can use appropriate tools to solve and enhance the client situation—may provide deposit sales coaching to enhance the knowledge, capabilities, and improve the performance of client facing employees, as required.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels
- Develops, implements, reviews, and revises a sales plan for the assigned territory to balance mining of existing customer portfolios with prospecting for new customers, which Includes focused calling and pipeline management activities
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Analyzes financial and related data to determine the client needs of the client for proper structuring of the Bank's products and services that meet client needs.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards
- Provides input into the development of a comprehensive and integrated training support programs and relevant tools for the entire sales force to support baseline and performance enhancement and improve sales and service effectiveness.
- Develops and utilizes market knowledge and existing relationships to identify opportunities that increase product penetration and revenue per customer for sales teams and individual portfolios.
- Monitors revenues to manage the profitability of existing and new customers and meet or exceed targets.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and applies due diligence in accordance with Bank’s policies and ethical standards for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation.
- Adheres to business banking lending processes, policies, procedures, legal, regulatory, audit, and ethical requirements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Identifies risks and takes appropriate actions, including all documentation and other regulatory requirements to maintain operational integrity.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Driven self-starter with proven Business Development capabilities Knowledge of cash management products and services – In-depth. Knowledge of business investment and lending products – In-depth. Knowledge of other banking products and services - In-depth. Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth. Collaboration & team skills - In-depth. Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth. Influence skills - In-depth. Data driven decision making - In-depth. Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.