Supervisor, Environmental Services
Souris - Manitoba (MB),
Prairie Mountain Health
- Grade 12 education (MB Standards)
- Completion of a relevant leadership or supervision certificate based program or equivalent education
- Three (3) years relevant experience in Housekeeping and/or Laundry Services within the last five (5) years.
- Proficient in health care cleaning techniques
- Proficient in the use of various types of cleaning equipment and technology
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, or equivalent from province of residence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial ability
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures in a changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence of skills and concepts related to the position
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and within interdisciplinary team
The Supervisor Environmental Services, acting as a member of a multidisciplinary team, functions under the vision, mission, values and strategic priorities of Prairie Mountain Health. As point of first contact, the Supervisor Environmental Services plans, organizes, coordinates and evaluates the operation of the department related to Environmental Services at the facility level. These include participation in human resource management, fiscal management, information management, and environmental services management on a day to day basis. The Supervisor Environmental Services is responsible for personal professional development, and promotes ongoing staff development, and team building.
- Ensures the staff are scheduled on a daily basis in accordance with baseline budget and applicable overtime procedures.
- Assists in the effective and efficient provision of staff resources to meet department needs.
- Applies the appropriate Human Resources staffing procedures to ensure the department is adequately staffed and takes action to mitigate vacancies.
- Ensures the availability of competent and proficient staff necessary to provide and support the highest quality of work possible within existing resources.
- Assists in administering annual vacation procedures.
- Approves special vacation day requests, banked overtime requests and banked recognized holiday requests.
- Coordinates and organizes staff meetings as required.
If you are currently employed by PMH, please utilize the internal application form. If you are not employed by PMH, please utilize the external application form.
In order to be considered for the position, both internal and external applicants must submit a current resume with their application form.
If you are an external applicant, please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance.
Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application is your authorization to complete said reference checks.
PMH has an Aboriginal Human Resources initiative and is committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal people within all levels of our workforce. Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to voluntarily self identify as being of Aboriginal descent in their cover letter and/or within their application form.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS FOR ALL