Community Health Worker - Access Downtown
Manitoba - Manitoba (MB),
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Estimated salary $20.48 an hour
Requisition ID: 127181
Position Number: 20001120
Posting End Date: September 9, 2020
Department / Unit: Primary Care Clinic Downtown 2
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - 09/03/2021
Reason for Term: Educational Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $20.482, $20.799, $21.115, $21.433, $21.761, $22.078
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
- Minimum of two years (within the last five years) experience in community based setting
- Extensive personal and/or professional experience working with inner city populations, including those with mental health/addiction issues, the mentally challenged, elderly, immigrants and refugees.
- High School Diploma, Manitoba standards required.
- Successful completion of a related outreach training program preferred.
- Requires a valid driver's license and vehicle.
- Understanding of community development, individual capacity building, and knowledge of community resources is
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition