Alternative Isolation Accommodation (AIA) - Support -COVID
Manitoba - Manitoba (MB),
Estimated salary $14 - $17 an hour
Shared Health Manitoba / Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is hiring additional staff supporting our fight against COVID-19
Requisition ID: 150921
Position Number: Multiple
Posting End Date: Open until filled
City: Flexible in Manitoba
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: To be determined
Department / Unit: Facility Support
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Union: Based on Classification of Person Hired
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: <span style="font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"">Days, Evenings, Nights, Monday-Sunday
Salary: Based on Classification of Person Hired
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 the Alternative Isolation Accommodation (AIA) program was established to develop safe options for those requiring a safe space to self-isolate. As a member of the AIA healthcare team the incumbent will assist with client care and provide basic supportive services, and provide emotional and recreational support for COVID positive or contacts of COVID 19 case while in isolation. The incumbent will conduct wellness checks, meal delivery, companionship (ie. walking with client 1x/day) and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Successful completion of a recognized Health Care Aide course or Dental Assistant Program required. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
3rd or 4th year Nursing Students will also be considered.
- Untrained individuals may be considered to walk with clients, assist with meal delivery, and to assist trained individuals with basic functions. These individuals would not be fulfilling the full scope
- Ability to provide safe, effective care in a manner that considers each individual’s need for comfort, privacy, and respect is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill, and interest in working with diverse people with a variety of backgrounds, lifestyles, abilities, health status, choices and other attributes, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and coworkers is essential.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Compliance with workplace safely, PPE policies and procedures required.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.